London Banter

-   -   Watford Stadium First Class Annual Travelcard (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1609-watford-stadium-first-class-annual.html)

Tom Cordiner April 14th 04 05:45 PM

Watford Stadium First Class Annual Travelcard

"Stimpy" wrote in message
Maybe a £0.01 price (or similar token amount) was entered as the price on
the basis that the station wasn't in regular use?

Not quite.

The prices entered were 3.50 for the weekly, 14 for the monthly and 140 for
the annual. Remember this is a *first class* all zones travelcard (the
correct price would be around 3000 for the annual)

Anyway, I have no idea how it got in the Manual (and thus Tribute), or how
someone then noticed it but several were bought and used for a year in gates
across London! Not sure how I view it ethically, but I wonder how often such
things happen.

Not that interesting, but am surprised it didn't get to the ears of
uk.transport.london at the time.

Tom