Old April 16th 04, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
maf maf is offline

Default Leaving bike at King's Cross

Hi

I'm travelling to Leeds on Monday by train from King's Cross. Where are
the bike racks to leave my bicycle for the day ?

Thanks for your help

Mike

Old April 16th 04, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

"maf" wrote in message
Hi

I'm travelling to Leeds on Monday by train from King's Cross. Where are
the bike racks to leave my bicycle for the day ?

Thanks for your help

http://www.networkrailstations.co.uk...nID=5201#att11
Says platforms 1 and 8.

I've often walked past the ones on 8, which are just over half-way along the
platform; expect them to be pretty full. I can't comment on the ones on 1.

I think you might also be able to leave bikes at Left Luggage on Platform 8,
for a fee. Call 020 7837 4334 to confirm.

PaulO

Old April 17th 04, 02:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Oter) wrote:

"maf" wrote in message
Hi

I'm travelling to Leeds on Monday by train from King's Cross. Where
are the bike racks to leave my bicycle for the day ?

Thanks for your help

http://www.networkrailstations.co.uk...=stations.list
Practical&stationID=5201#att11 Says platforms 1 and 8.

I've often walked past the ones on 8, which are just over half-way
along the platform; expect them to be pretty full. I can't comment on
the ones on 1.

I think you might also be able to leave bikes at Left Luggage on
Platform 8, for a fee. Call 020 7837 4334 to confirm.

I've used the racks on 8. Plenty of space around 11:30-midday the day I
used them and they never look that full on days I use platform 8 to catch
trains.

I've no recollections of the bicycle facilities on platform 1.

--
Colin Rosenstiel