London Banter

-   -   Canary Wharf Jubilee Line Station - eastern exits (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1636-canary-wharf-jubilee-line-station.html)

K April 23rd 04 11:29 AM

Canary Wharf Jubilee Line Station - eastern exits

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:35:29 +0100, Dave Arquati
wrote:

Longer trains are due in 2006.

No - I meant whatever happened to the excuse that they couldn't open
the other entrance til there were longer trains? Various posters on
here were saying it was to deliberately regulate flow into the
station.

TheOneKEA April 24th 04 06:59 PM

wrote:

Longer trains are due in 2006.

No - I meant whatever happened to the excuse that they couldn't open
the other entrance til there were longer trains? Various posters on
here were saying it was to deliberately regulate flow into the
station.

I was always under the impression that the buildings nearest to the
eastern exit simply weren't busy enough to justify opening the eastern
exit, but now that they are, it was good to do so, instead of waiting
until 2006.

Slightly offtopic: can the current Jubilee Line signalling handle
seven-car trains?

Brad