Old April 28th 04, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Central Line depot

Is the Central Line still looking for a site for a new depot?

I have a vague memory of plans to close White City Depot.

Colin McKenzie

--
Why believe statistics?
Ignore them and you can believe the damned lies instead!

Old April 29th 04, 07:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin McKenzie wrote in message ...
Is the Central Line still looking for a site for a new depot?

I have a vague memory of plans to close White City Depot.

Colin McKenzie

http://billz1064.proboards1.com/inde...num=1083086410

I asked the same question on the Transport Forum, and received the
response that White City Depot will continue to exist, jut in a
heavily modified form.

Brad
Old April 29th 04, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

TheOneKEA wrote:
Colin McKenzie wrote in message ...
Is the Central Line still looking for a site for a new depot?
I have a vague memory of plans to close White City Depot.

http://billz1064.proboards1.com/inde...num=1083086410

I asked the same question on the Transport Forum, and received the
response that White City Depot will continue to exist, jut in a
heavily modified form.

Thanks for that. My reason for asking was that it occurred to me that
the Guinness site in Park Royal might be suitable for a replacement
depot. It had a rail connection once, between North Acton and Hanger Lane.

But if they've roofed over White City depot I guess it would be hard
to sell it for any other use.

Colin McKenzie

Old April 29th 04, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin McKenzie wrote:
Thanks for that. My reason for asking was that it occurred to me that
the Guinness site in Park Royal might be suitable for a replacement
depot. It had a rail connection once, between North Acton and Hanger
Lane.

There would however be the need to cross the Network Rail tracks in current
use.

Old Central line wood lane depot [email protected] London Transport 5 June 5th 08 11:06 PM
Wembley Park Depot TheOneKEA London Transport 5 April 28th 04 09:25 AM
Trains Trapped In Depot Sharon & Gordon Thomson London Transport 5 December 30th 03 06:38 PM
South Central maintenance depot in Bedford! Clive Page London Transport 10 December 22nd 03 01:50 PM
Neasden Depot Robert Templeman London Transport 2 September 14th 03 07:14 PM