Old April 27th 04, 02:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Wembley Park Depot

Does anybody know when Metronet or Tube Lines is FINALLY going to
certify Wembley Park Depot as safe for train storage and maintenance?
IIRC it's been sitting empty for several months after it had its
asbestos removed.

Brad

Old April 27th 04, 05:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
om...
Does anybody know when Metronet or Tube Lines is FINALLY going to
certify Wembley Park Depot as safe for train storage and maintenance?
IIRC it's been sitting empty for several months after it had its
asbestos removed.

Several months? Over three years, you mean!

Old April 27th 04, 06:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

TheOneKEA wrote:
Does anybody know when Metronet or Tube Lines is FINALLY going to
certify Wembley Park Depot as safe for train storage and maintenance?
IIRC it's been sitting empty for several months after it had its
asbestos removed.

Brad

I thought it was the state of the glass roof, not as asbestos. I stand to be
corrected.

--
Lawrence Myers

Old April 27th 04, 08:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Lawrence Myers" wrote in message
news

I thought it was the state of the glass roof, not as asbestos. I stand to

be
corrected.

It was originally asbestos sheeting, which was removed as part of the
overhaul of the shed four years ago (along with a lot of other work). The
refurbished shed, with the new roof, has been standing empty since
completeion of the overhaul.

There have been earlier threads on the same subject, to which a couple of
'insiders' at LUL had posted the reasons for the delay in recommissioning
the shed. Unfortunately I can't remember what they were now! Apologies.

Old April 27th 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Looks like it could be alot longer now as platform 6 has some fencing on it
(restricting its use) I guess this to be part of the re-modernisation works
for the station (along with the new Wembley Stadium or whatever its gonna be
called)

Old April 28th 04, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roger the cabin boy" wrote in message ...
Looks like it could be alot longer now as platform 6 has some fencing on it
(restricting its use) I guess this to be part of the re-modernisation works
for the station (along with the new Wembley Stadium or whatever its gonna be
called)

I believe it is - the Met timetable has been modified now to have all
southbound trains stop at Wembley Park in the off-peak on the south
slow platform. I traveled through Wembley Park last Saturday from
Amersham and my train stopped there, after trundling through Northwick
Park and Preston Road.

I had no idea that the depot was out of use for so long...

Brad