London Banter

-   -   Congestion Charge extension (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1682-congestion-charge-extension.html)

ITMA April 28th 04 10:54 PM

Congestion Charge extension

Its pretty obvious that the traffic light phasing has been tinkered with
recently so as to aggravate congestion in the run up to consultation on the
Ken & Chelsea expansion, just as the lights were before they introduced the
main central London area. On a point of principle we ought to be fighting
back and exposing this corruption - they've invaded countries before now for
less! Are there any campaign groups who advocate alternate means of
resisting congestion, such as doing away with unnecessary traffic lights,
improving the timing / phasing of lights so as to actually assist traffic
flow rather than deliberately have a stop-go policy, or to ban delivery
vehicles from certain hours, and so on?
--
"If everyone followed my method of deleting all but the snippet of an
earlier message they were replying to then these newsgroups would be a hell

Richard J. April 28th 04 11:14 PM

ITMA wrote:
Its pretty obvious that the traffic light phasing has been tinkered
with recently so as to aggravate congestion in the run up to
consultation on the Ken & Chelsea expansion,

It's not obvious to me. What evidence do you have that the phasing has
been changed?
--
Richard J.

Brimstone April 29th 04 08:00 AM

"Richard J." wrote in message
ITMA wrote:
Its pretty obvious that the traffic light phasing has been tinkered
with recently so as to aggravate congestion in the run up to
consultation on the Ken & Chelsea expansion,

It's not obvious to me. What evidence do you have that the phasing has
been changed?

That provided by his paranoia.

ITMA April 29th 04 08:15 PM

Congestion Charge extension

It's not obvious to me. What evidence do you have that the phasing has
been changed?

The fact that I've been driving through the area twice a day for the last
two years without much problem and then over the last few days its
definitely got really really stodgy with 'red' times noticeably longer, much
more stop-go movement, and more bunched up traffic. In short: been there,
seen it.