Old April 30th 04, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default NR photocard and Oyster

Thought I'd get a prepaid, but for some reason they seem to insist on
a photocard (on the tfl site, at least).

Does an NR one work, or do I need to get one from tfl?

Old April 30th 04, 12:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ken Wheatley" wrote in message
news
Thought I'd get a prepaid, but for some reason they seem to insist on
a photocard (on the tfl site, at least).

Does an NR one work, or do I need to get one from tfl?

I got an Oyster PrePay during the week, and they sent a photocard thing with
it for me to put my photo in, but on the FAQ's on the website, it said that
you don't need a photocard for Oyster PrePay. (One of the reasons I got
it), but like Barry just said I think it's just in case you decide to get a
season ticket later on.

Just out of curiosity, would it be advisable to put a photo in the card that
they sent with my Oyster PrePay, just in case some over zealous inspector
got onto me?

Old April 30th 04, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

As an over zealous inspector I can assure you if its Pre-pay only you have
no worries.

If at a later date you get a travelcard that does require a photocard then
you must ensure you have a photo in the card. That doesn't mean 2, 20, 50
or 100 days after you get it. The only thing that immediately tells an
inspector the ticket is yours is the matching photocard with your smiley
face in it. otherwise its grief and tears as the ticket is withdrawn whilst
its ownership is confirmed.

Remember, some people believe they have dispensation to travel free whilst
you pay a hefty sum from your salary!

Steve

Old May 17th 04, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:38:19 +0100, Ken Wheatley
wrote:

Thought I'd get a prepaid, but for some reason they seem to insist on
a photocard (on the tfl site, at least).

Does an NR one work, or do I need to get one from tfl?

A NR one works fine

Cheers,

Jason.