Old May 1st 04, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Waterloo shambles on Friday

I arrived at Waterloo mainline concourse on Friday afternoon around 3.30p.m. to
find that no train destination displays were working at all. Not a single one
of the idiotic plasma screeens was working - those on the concourse or those at
the platform entrances.

I should correct myself: once on the train I eventually found that I wanted, I
heard an announcement that there was one board on display, I think near the
entrance to Platform 5, summarising ALL departures!

Moreover, unlike at other times, not a single member of station staff could be
found to ask about any of the trains (certainly on the Windsor side of the
station) and there were only occasional announcements about train departures.

What an utter shambles. It is hardly surprising given the idiots now running
our railways, and the utter contempt in which they hold their passengers, but
it doesn't detract from my disgust that one of London's busiest railway station
should suffer such an appalling lack of service. Only after asking several
train drivers coming off various platforms did I actually find the train I
wanted.

These muppets that profess to run a railway should be subjected to some
U.S.Army-style peacekeeping.

Oh, I forgot, much better to plaster "ON" logos everywhere, just to make us all
feel that we really are receiving a much better service than we really are!

Marc.