Old May 4th 04, 07:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Station To Station

Okay, related to 'What to see on the tube', but a specific subthread of:
From which DLR/LU stations can you see other stations from the platforms?

And, if there's a successive run of them in any cases, I wonder what's the
longest journey of these you can have?
--
Ian Tindale

Old May 4th 04, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 4 May 2004 at 19:29:44, Ian Tindale wrote:

Okay, related to 'What to see on the tube', but a specific subthread of:
From which DLR/LU stations can you see other stations from the platforms?

And, if there's a successive run of them in any cases, I wonder what's the
longest journey of these you can have?

You can see Surrey Quays and Rotherhithe from Canada Water. And on the
DLR you can see West India Quay from Poplar (especially going East), and
All Saints (but that's actually just past Poplar, so probably doesn't
count). You can also see Canary Wharf (and, presumably, Poplar) from
West India Quay, and I think you can see it from Heron Quays as well,
although I'd not swear to that.

You can certainly see East India and Blackwall from each other. And I
think you can *just* see Shadwell from Tower Gateway, although I'd not
swear to it.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004
Old May 4th 04, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Ian Tindale
writes
Okay, related to 'What to see on the tube', but a specific subthread of:
From which DLR/LU stations can you see other stations from the platforms?

I think you can see Covent Garden from one of the Leicester Square
platforms, and certainly Blackfriars from City Thameslink [stretching
"tube" a little]. In West London there are a couple of stations, perhaps
North Fields and South Ealing, that look closer than the length of a
train when you are stood on the platforms.
Old May 5th 04, 01:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

I think you can see Covent Garden from one
of the Leicester Square platforms,

No, I don't think you can.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old May 5th 04, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian Tindale wrote in message ...
Okay, related to 'What to see on the tube', but a specific subthread of:
From which DLR/LU stations can you see other stations from the platforms?

And, if there's a successive run of them in any cases, I wonder what's the
longest journey of these you can have?

You can see Bow Road from Mile End if you walk to the eastern end of
the EB platfrom.
Old May 5th 04, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 4 May 2004 at 21:16:41, Annabel Smyth
wrote:

You can see Surrey Quays and Rotherhithe from Canada Water. And on the
DLR you can see West India Quay from Poplar (especially going East),

I was tired when I wrote that! I meant, of course, going WEST.

and
All Saints (but that's actually just past Poplar, so probably doesn't
count). You can also see Canary Wharf (and, presumably, Poplar) from
West India Quay, and I think you can see it from Heron Quays as well,
although I'd not swear to that.

You can certainly see East India and Blackwall from each other. And I
think you can *just* see Shadwell from Tower Gateway, although I'd not
swear to it.

You can't - I checked this morning. But I am pretty sure you can see
Clapham High Street and Wandsworth Road main line stations from each
other.
Old May 6th 04, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian Tindale wrote in message ...
Okay, related to 'What to see on the tube', but a specific subthread of:
From which DLR/LU stations can you see other stations from the platforms?

Shepherds Bush (H&C) - Goldhawk Road
Old May 6th 04, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , Ian
Tindale writes
Okay, related to 'What to see on the tube', but a specific
subthread of: From which DLR/LU stations can you see other
stations from the platforms?

[...] In West London there are a couple of stations, perhaps
North Fields and South Ealing, that look closer than the
length of a train when you are stood on the platforms.

Yes, Northfields and South Ealing are the stations, on the Piccadilly
Line. They are only 0.48km apart.

Also in West London, you can see Stamford Brook from Turnham Green.

--
Richard J.

Old May 6th 04, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message

Yes, Northfields and South Ealing are the stations,
on the Piccadilly Line. They are only 0.48km apart.

Is that the distance between the station buildings? The platforms run
towards each other, so the nearest ends of the platforms must be only about
240 metres apart.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped