London Banter

-   -   That 'sicknote' Tube driver (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1732-sicknote-tube-driver.html)

Badabing May 11th 04 05:34 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

.... the one who was caught playing squash while on sick leave. Can someone
explain the grounds on which his dismissal was deemed unfair?

Ian F. May 11th 04 06:17 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Badabing" wrote in message

... the one who was caught playing squash while on sick leave. Can someone
explain the grounds on which his dismissal was deemed unfair?

It's unfair to passengers, on the grounds that he won't be around for us to
kick his miserable, thieving, lead-swinging, lying arse!

Ian

Stimpy May 11th 04 06:32 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

Badabing wrote:
... the one who was caught playing squash while on sick leave. Can
someone explain the grounds on which his dismissal was deemed unfair?

The full story is at
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...212011,00.html but the gist
of it is that LUL failed to follow the correct procedure for his dismissal.

More specifically they added (ISTR) the charge of "dishonesty" to the list
of reasons between quoted at the appeal when it wasn't quoted in the
original disciplinary hearing. This discrepancy made the case invalid.

The tribunal decided the driver was "75% to blame for his dismissal".

Seems to me that he got off on a technicality

Colin May 11th 04 06:41 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Badabing" wrote in message
... the one who was caught playing squash while on sick leave. Can someone
explain the grounds on which his dismissal was deemed unfair?

Briefly read a story along the lines of he proved (to the satisfaction of
the tribunal) that his physical therapist had drawn up a plan for his
recovery which included playing squash to strengthen his (foot?).

LUL had not taken this evidence into account when they dismissed him, and
had unfairly concluded that he had been throwing a sickie on the basis that
their investigator 'caught' him outside a leisure centre.

In addition to this, the RMT claim that someone in LUL then leaked his
medical records to the press when the strike was threatened, which is a
breach of confidentiality.

Just reporting what I read.......

Colin

Jack Taylor May 11th 04 07:30 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Colin" wrote in message

"Badabing" wrote in message
... the one who was caught playing squash while on sick leave. Can

someone
explain the grounds on which his dismissal was deemed unfair?

Briefly read a story along the lines of he proved (to the satisfaction of
the tribunal) that his physical therapist had drawn up a plan for his
recovery which included playing squash to strengthen his (foot?).

LUL had not taken this evidence into account when they dismissed him, and
had unfairly concluded that he had been throwing a sickie on the basis

that
their investigator 'caught' him outside a leisure centre.

In addition to this, the RMT claim that someone in LUL then leaked his
medical records to the press when the strike was threatened, which is a
breach of confidentiality.

Just reporting what I read.......

If you go to www.bbc.co.uk/radio2 , to the 'Listen Again' section, you can
hear him speaking to Jeremy Vine on today's programme. This should be
available to listen to (and laugh at!) until Wednesday lunchtime. He got
quite a pasting from callers!

woutster May 11th 04 09:41 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Jack Taylor" wrote in
:

"Colin" wrote in message

"Badabing" wrote in message
[...]

From what I understand of the nonsense that came out of his mouth is
that he was running and playing squash because he thought it would be a
good way to test his ankle. Shouldn't his rehab have been overseen more
properly by his doctor? And he didn't have any contact with Occupational
Health? That I find very hard to belief!

ISTR that he didn't want to work for LU anymore and had found a job with
the local council and now he wants to go back to LU? He doesn't seem to
know what he wants!

Stimpy May 11th 04 11:32 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

woutster wrote:

If you go to www.bbc.co.uk/radio2 , to the 'Listen Again' section,
you can hear him speaking to Jeremy Vine on today's programme. This
should be available to listen to (and laugh at!) until Wednesday
lunchtime. He got quite a pasting from callers!

From what I understand of the nonsense that came out of his mouth is
that he was running and playing squash because he thought it would be
a good way to test his ankle. Shouldn't his rehab have been overseen
more properly by his doctor? And he didn't have any contact with
Occupational Health? That I find very hard to belief!

In the Guardian report cited earlier he claimed that the prescribed physio
was "monotonous and boring" so he played squash instead as a way of building
up his ankle

--
The presence of this sig indicates that I'm under the influence of
excess alcohol. Until I'm sober enough to remember to switch this sig

I apologise in advance for any offence caused :-)

Boltar May 12th 04 08:30 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

woutster wrote in message 8.218...
ISTR that he didn't want to work for LU anymore and had found a job with
the local council and now he wants to go back to LU? He doesn't seem to
know what he wants!

The fact that a local council is prepared to employ lying workshy *******
like him says a lot about local government and its generally appalling record
in most things.

B2003

John Rowland May 12th 04 08:49 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Stimpy" wrote in message

In the Guardian report cited earlier he claimed that the
prescribed physio was "monotonous and boring"
so he played squash instead as a way of building
up his ankle

How can a Tube driver dislike something that's monotonous and boring?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Piccadilly Pilot May 12th 04 01:30 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

Jack Taylor wrote:
If you go to www.bbc.co.uk/radio2 , to the 'Listen Again' section,
you can hear him speaking to Jeremy Vine on today's programme. This
should be available to listen to (and laugh at!) until Wednesday
lunchtime. He got quite a pasting from callers!

Interesting that none of them took into account the question of safety if he
were to return to work in an unfit state.

As is usual, this seems like a case of 6 of one and half a dozen of the
other. If he has had a lot of time off sick why wasn't he moved into a more
suitable job?

I'm sure the LU apologists will try and blame "the unions". However
management are paid to manage and have presviously moved unfit people from
one job to another.

Jack Taylor May 12th 04 03:07 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message

Interesting that none of them took into account the question of safety if

he
were to return to work in an unfit state.

Indeed. There was the usual assumption that all a train driver does is sit
in the cab and drive the train. His point about what would happen in an
emergency if he had to stop the train between stations and, possibly, climb
down to track level or assist in the evacuation of the train was
conveniently ignored. This was about the only point upon which I sympathised
with him.

As is usual, this seems like a case of 6 of one and half a dozen of the
other. If he has had a lot of time off sick why wasn't he moved into a

more
suitable job?

Probably some archaic union agreement which does not allow it!

Piccadilly Pilot May 12th 04 04:14 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

Jack Taylor wrote:
"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message

Interesting that none of them took into account the question of
safety if he were to return to work in an unfit state.

Indeed. There was the usual assumption that all a train driver does
is sit in the cab and drive the train. His point about what would
happen in an emergency if he had to stop the train between stations
and, possibly, climb down to track level or assist in the evacuation
of the train was conveniently ignored. This was about the only point
upon which I sympathised with him.

As is usual, this seems like a case of 6 of one and half a dozen of
the other. If he has had a lot of time off sick why wasn't he moved
into a more suitable job?

Probably some archaic union agreement which does not allow it!

Interesting that you snipped my paragraph saying that it had been done
before. Here it is again for anyone that missed it.

Mait001 May 12th 04 05:53 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

The fact that a local council is prepared to employ lying workshy *******
like him says a lot about local government

B2003

Well don't forget that, before he gave them a gift of a reason for sacking him,
so did London Underground.

Marc.

Steve Fitzgerald May 12th 04 08:03 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

In message , Piccadilly Pilot
writes

As is usual, this seems like a case of 6 of one and half a dozen of
the other. If he has had a lot of time off sick why wasn't he moved
into a more suitable job?

Probably some archaic union agreement which does not allow it!

Interesting that you snipped my paragraph saying that it had been done
before. Here it is again for anyone that missed it.

"I'm sure the LU apologists will try and blame "the unions". However
management are paid to manage and have presviously moved unfit people from
one job to another."

Although since the onset of PPP there are precious few jobs to move
people to within LU. In the olden days(tm) people were apparently moved
to depot jobs.

Clive D. W. Feather May 13th 04 06:39 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

In article , Boltar
writes
Or fired. Anyone who takes over 200 days off sick is either an invalid or
taking the ****. Given that he could play squash he certainly wasn't
the former.

[...]
getting sick pay when theres clearly nothing
wrong with him.

You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

There are *plenty* of circumstances where one can be able to play squash
yet be unable to do a job like train driving. I do a desk job, and there
are plenty of circumstances where I would be able to play squash[*] but
not do my job. I've even suffered a few.
[*] In the physical sense not the skill sense - my co-ordination is such
that, even after half a dozen lessons, I was as likely to miss as hit
the ball.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

Boltar May 14th 04 08:31 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message ...
In article , Boltar
writes
Or fired. Anyone who takes over 200 days off sick is either an invalid or
taking the ****. Given that he could play squash he certainly wasn't
the former.

[...]
getting sick pay when theres clearly nothing
wrong with him.

You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

There are *plenty* of circumstances where one can be able to play squash
yet be unable to do a job like train driving. I do a desk job, and there

Maybe there are , but he was claiming a dodgy ankle. Please do explain how
he could play squash with a bad ankle but couldn't drive a train with one?
(Oh , and spare me the heroic leading passengers through the tunnel crap, if
he can walk he can do that). So , please , explain...

are plenty of circumstances where I would be able to play squash[*] but
not do my job. I've even suffered a few.

[*] In the physical sense not the skill sense - my co-ordination is such
that, even after half a dozen lessons, I was as likely to miss as hit
the ball.

Stop talking out your arse, its beginning to smell around here.

B2003

Boltar May 14th 04 08:35 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

Jack Taylor wrote:
If you go to www.bbc.co.uk/radio2 , to the 'Listen Again' section,
you can hear him speaking to Jeremy Vine on today's programme. This
should be available to listen to (and laugh at!) until Wednesday
lunchtime. He got quite a pasting from callers!

Interesting that none of them took into account the question of
safety if he
were to return to work in an unfit state.

You're not a mate of Bob Crowes are you?

No, are you in favour of running an unsafe railway?

Oh here we go , the standard issue "safety" question to question. I think
that says it all about you mate.

Have you ever suffered serious physical injury?

*LOL*. Oh please , are you for real?? Yes I have actually , and it was a damn
site more than a bust ankle and I still managed to go back to work with
plaster casts because some of us in this world behave like adults and take
our responsibilities seriously. Unlike you wasters down at LUL it seems.
Nice little gravy train for you lot isn't it? 32K a year, fairly easy job apart
from a few unsociable hours, as many sick days as you like. I think I'm in the
wrong job.

B2003

Solar Penguin May 14th 04 08:36 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote...

You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

More likely, he's just a troll out looking for attention. Ignore him then
he'll get bored and find some other newsgroup to annoy.

Jack Taylor May 14th 04 09:48 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Solar Penguin" wrote in
message ...

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote...

You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

More likely, he's just a troll out looking for attention. Ignore him then
he'll get bored and find some other newsgroup to annoy.

You clearly haven't much experience of this newsgroup then, if you are
accusing a long-term poster and recognised authority on LUL and signalling
matters as a troll!

Try doing a search on Clive's name on uk.transport.london and uk.railway or
looking at his website and you'll realise what a stupid statement that was!
;-)

Niklas Karlsson May 14th 04 10:27 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

In article , Jack Taylor wrote:

"Solar Penguin" wrote in
message ...

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote...

You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

More likely, he's just a troll out looking for attention. Ignore him then
he'll get bored and find some other newsgroup to annoy.

[snip]

Try doing a search on Clive's name on uk.transport.london and uk.railway or
looking at his website and you'll realise what a stupid statement that was!
;-)

Uh, he was referring to Boltar, not Clive.

Niklas
--
It has always amused me that on the southbound A14 just north of
Cambridge is a sign pointing to the crematorium and the airport.

Kat May 14th 04 10:30 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

In message , Jack Taylor
writes

"Solar Penguin" wrote in
message ...

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote...

You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

More likely, he's just a troll out looking for attention. Ignore him then
he'll get bored and find some other newsgroup to annoy.

You clearly haven't much experience of this newsgroup then, if you are
accusing a long-term poster and recognised authority on LUL and signalling
matters as a troll!

Try doing a search on Clive's name on uk.transport.london and uk.railway or
looking at his website and you'll realise what a stupid statement that was!
;-)

I don't believe SP was referring to Clive as a troll but the person
Clive was replying to...
(One of the problems with 2D conversations)
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Jack Taylor May 14th 04 10:40 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Niklas Karlsson" wrote in message
In article , Jack Taylor

wrote:

"Solar Penguin" wrote in
message ...

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote...

You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

More likely, he's just a troll out looking for attention. Ignore him

then
he'll get bored and find some other newsgroup to annoy.

[snip]

Try doing a search on Clive's name on uk.transport.london and uk.railway

or
looking at his website and you'll realise what a stupid statement that

was!
;-)

Uh, he was referring to Boltar, not Clive.

Whoops!

Jack Taylor May 14th 04 10:48 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Kat" wrote in message
I don't believe SP was referring to Clive as a troll but the person
Clive was replying to...
(One of the problems with 2D conversations)

It doesn't help with me being half asleep whilst I'm reading through uk.r
and u.t.l !!! ;-))

Kat May 14th 04 10:52 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

In message , Jack Taylor
writes

"Kat" wrote in message
I don't believe SP was referring to Clive as a troll but the person
Clive was replying to...
(One of the problems with 2D conversations)

It doesn't help with me being half asleep whilst I'm reading through uk.r
and u.t.l !!! ;-))

LOL!
B2003 is your usual sort of LU-staff hater; cast from the CJG mould but
lacking the elegant turn of phrase ;-)
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Dave Babb May 14th 04 11:01 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

[...]

I think most people, (me included) would need it explained in very
short and simple word what exactly a driver *might* need to do that
could possibly involve some movement of foot / ankle / leg that a game
of squash would not be expected to involve to some degree.

I have climbed in and out of a full sized 3rd rail EMU via the drivers
steps to track level a few times, and while not completely simple, I
did not find it that much of a challenge.
I am inclined to go with the public opinion that he was swinging the
lead a bit until someone explains how running around a court making
major course changes at short notice can be more physically demanding
than climbing out of a cab and walking along the track.

Mike Bristow May 14th 04 11:08 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

In article ,
Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

Tell us what you /really/ think, Clive.

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.

Mike Bristow May 14th 04 11:10 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

In article ,
Boltar wrote:
Maybe there are , but he was claiming a dodgy ankle. Please do explain how
he could play squash with a bad ankle but couldn't drive a train with one?

Frankly, I don't know if it's likely that an ankle injury could
be fit for a game of squash, but not for driving a train. That's
because I don't know much about driving trains, or ankles.

So, I have to rely on expert opinion. You medical qualifications are?

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.

Stimpy May 14th 04 11:17 AM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

OE-QuoteFixDave Babb wrote:

I think most people, (me included) would need it explained in very
short and simple word what exactly a driver might need to do that
could possibly involve some movement of foot / ankle / leg that a game
of squash would not be expected to involve to some degree.

I have climbed in and out of a full sized 3rd rail EMU via the drivers
steps to track level a few times, and while not completely simple, I
did not find it that much of a challenge.
I am inclined to go with the public opinion that he was swinging the
lead a bit until someone explains how running around a court making
major course changes at short notice can be more physically demanding
than climbing out of a cab and walking along the track.

Remember it's reported he originally claimed that he was playing squash on
medical advice but later reports said he'd said he found the prescribed
physio
'monotonous' so had self-prescribed squash to strengthen the ankle.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...212011,00.html

Piccadilly Pilot May 14th 04 12:39 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

Jack Taylor wrote:
If you go to www.bbc.co.uk/radio2 , to the 'Listen Again' section,
you can hear him speaking to Jeremy Vine on today's programme.
This
should be available to listen to (and laugh at!) until Wednesday
lunchtime. He got quite a pasting from callers!

Interesting that none of them took into account the question of
safety if he
were to return to work in an unfit state.

You're not a mate of Bob Crowes are you?

No, are you in favour of running an unsafe railway?

Oh here we go , the standard issue "safety" question to question. I
think
that says it all about you mate.

So you do approve of running an unsafe railway. Thank you for the
confirmation.

Have you ever suffered serious physical injury?

*LOL*. Oh please , are you for real?? Yes I have actually , and it
was a damn
site more than a bust ankle and I still managed to go back to work
with
plaster casts because some of us in this world behave like adults and
take
our responsibilities seriously. Unlike you wasters down at LUL it
seems.
Nice little gravy train for you lot isn't it? 32K a year, fairly easy
job apart
from a few unsociable hours, as many sick days as you like. I think
I'm in the
wrong job.

Firstly I don't work for London Underground Ltd and never have done. Whether
or not one can do one's job with a plaster cast surely depends on the job.

It's you who's the pillock because, as usual with people like you, you can't
think about anyone or anything except yourself.

Jack Taylor May 14th 04 12:53 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Mike Bristow" wrote in message
In article ,
Boltar wrote:
Maybe there are , but he was claiming a dodgy ankle. Please do explain

how
he could play squash with a bad ankle but couldn't drive a train with

one?

Frankly, I don't know if it's likely that an ankle injury could
be fit for a game of squash, but not for driving a train. That's
because I don't know much about driving trains, or ankles.

Everyone appears to be assuming that this guy was playing a full-on game of
squash. However, he clearly indicated on Jeremy Vine's radio programme that
he was only playing a light knock-up, to test the strength of his ankle.
That doesn't seem unreasonable to me - after any such injury you ease the
foot/ankle back into use, testing the lateral movement, the internal and
external rotation etc. a bit at a time, before applying any 'heavy-duty' use
to it. The kind of testing that might make it quite possible to drive a car
but not a train, where it *might* be necessary to jump three feet down onto
the trackbed, landing on the damaged ankle.

My initial reaction to this guy was to damn him as a 'lead-swinger' but,
having read much more about the case and heard some of his points from his
own mouth, rather than as they have been reported, I'm beginning to think
that there is a little bit more to this than meets the eye!

Richard J. May 14th 04 12:59 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

Stimpy wrote:
OE-QuoteFixDave Babb wrote:

[...]

Also, the tribunal judgement was that he was 75% to blame for his own
dismissal. AFAIK London Underground lost the case on a technicality,
because they had introduced additional grounds for dismissal at the
appeal stage.
--
Richard J.

Mike Bristow May 14th 04 02:42 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

In article ,
Jack Taylor wrote:
My initial reaction to this guy was to damn him as a 'lead-swinger' but,
having read much more about the case and heard some of his points from his
own mouth, rather than as they have been reported, I'm beginning to think
that there is a little bit more to this than meets the eye!

There always is more than meets the eye, when comparing Real Life (tm)
with anything printed in a newspaper.

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.

[email protected] May 14th 04 03:13 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

Niklas Karlsson wrote...

In article , Jack Taylor wrote:

Try doing a search on Clive's name on uk.transport.london and uk.railway or
looking at his website and you'll realise what a stupid statement that was!
;-)

Uh, he was referring to Boltar, not Clive.

Thanks Niklas. I'd tried posting another message myself explaining
that, but the news server was down.

Boltar's definitely a troll. Look at his post in the Croxley thread
where says the link is illogical because going via Buckinghamshire
won't be the quickest route from London to Waford...

No way he could genuinely believe even half of what he types. He's
just doing it to wind us up. Ignore him and he'll go away, (or at
least think up some better material).

Boltar May 14th 04 03:56 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

Kat wrote in message ...
In message , Jack Taylor
writes

"Kat" wrote in message
I don't believe SP was referring to Clive as a troll but the person
Clive was replying to...
(One of the problems with 2D conversations)

It doesn't help with me being half asleep whilst I'm reading through uk.r
and u.t.l !!! ;-))

LOL!
B2003 is your usual sort of LU-staff hater; cast from the CJG mould but
lacking the elegant turn of phrase ;-)

I don't hate LUL staff, in fact I don't even hate this guy though I believe
he's a waste of space. What I do hate is the get-away-with-it mentality that
seems to be prevalent. And judging by the fact that I've been called a troll
(uk.transport.london speak for someone who actually had an opinion and doesn't
just bleat along in time with the rest of the sheep) it seems that a lot of
people on here have no problem with it. Which sums up Britain today.

B2003

Paul Corfield May 14th 04 05:01 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

On 14 May 2004 08:56:39 -0700, (Boltar) wrote:

And judging by the fact that I've been called a troll
(uk.transport.london speak for someone who actually had an opinion and doesn't
just bleat along in time with the rest of the sheep)

On that definition I must be a troll as well. Well that's made my week
that has.
--
Paul C

Jack Taylor May 14th 04 05:12 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Boltar" wrote in message
om...

I don't hate LUL staff, in fact I don't even hate this guy though I

believe
he's a waste of space. What I do hate is the get-away-with-it mentality

that
seems to be prevalent. And judging by the fact that I've been called a

troll
(uk.transport.london speak for someone who actually had an opinion and

doesn't
just bleat along in time with the rest of the sheep) it seems that a lot

of
people on here have no problem with it. Which sums up Britain today.

Whether or not I agree with you opinion(s) I wholeheartedly defend your
right to express them. As you say, it is PC these days not to have an
opinion or, if you do, not to express it. Grey days indeed!

Piccadilly Pilot May 14th 04 05:58 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

Boltar wrote:
Kat wrote in message
In message , Jack
Taylor writes

"Kat" wrote in message
[...]

I haven't noticed anyone condoning the situation regarding this bloke.
Management is paid to manage, people in all sorts of jobs everywhere take
the ****. As I said earlier, if management were doing their job properly
something would have been done.

Solar Penguin May 14th 04 06:22 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Boltar" wrote...

I don't hate LUL staff, in fact I don't even hate this guy though I
believe he's a waste of space. What I do hate is the get-away-with-it
mentality that seems to be prevalent.

Oh, come on. Everyone, everywhere, has done a sickie at some time in their
lives. Big deal. What's so special about this guy that suddenly, for the
first time iever, it becomes a bad thing? Why is it Ok for us to do it to
our employers but not Ok for him to do it to LUL?

I've been called a troll (uk.transport.london speak for
someone who actually had an opinion and doesn't
just bleat along in time with the rest of the sheep)

Please, I've been around on various Usenet groups long enough to spot a
troll when I see one. They're the same everywhere, not just this group.
I've even enjoyed doing some trolling in the past, so I'm talking from
experience here.

And it's not just your opinion on the sicknote issue, it's other things too.
E.g. your claim that people in Buckinghamshire shouldn't have a direct route
to Watford Jn. because it isn't the fastest route from London. (Or
something. I *still* don't understand what you were trying to say there.)

You make a habit of posting various opinions that no-one in their right mind
could share. Either you're stupid, or you're a deliberate troll. I'm
giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're not stupid. That's
more than Clive was prepared to to give you.

it seems that a lot of people on here have no problem with it. Which
sums up Britain today.

Would you have any problem with anyone working for another employer doing a
sickie? Of course not. You've probably done it yourself. We all do it.
So why the double standards in this case? What's so special that sickies
suddenly become a bad thing when the employee just happens to work for LUL?

But you can't answer that, can you? Why not? Because you *are* a troll,
and you don't really believe the nonsense you're talking. You're just
winding us up for fun. You might fool the others, but as an ex-troll
myself, I can see right through you. And you're not even a very good troll.
Sorry, but you're just not entertaining enough. Into the killfile with
you... **PLONK**

Solar Penguin May 14th 04 06:28 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Jack Taylor" wrote...

Whether or not I agree with you opinion(s) I wholeheartedly defend your
right to express them.

That's assuming that they really ARE his opinions in the first place. It's
more likely Boltar's just a troll making up opinions to **** us off.
Whining on about how you're being oppressed because your "opinions" aren't
fashionable is the standard troll defence. (I should know, I used it myself
back in my troll days.)

Clive D. W. Feather May 14th 04 07:31 PM

That 'sicknote' Tube driver

In article , Boltar
writes
There are *plenty* of circumstances where one can be able to play squash
yet be unable to do a job like train driving.

Maybe there are , but he was claiming a dodgy ankle. Please do explain how
he could play squash with a bad ankle but couldn't drive a train with one?

Strangely enough, I'm not a doctor, so I can't give you definitive
details.

But I can well imagine that someone could play half an hour of squash
*knowing that you can stop at any time* but not spend 3 hours driving a
train *unable to stop*.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: