London Banter

-   -   £1 flat fare tube (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1735-1-flat-fare-tube.html)

Tom Anderson May 20th 04 08:33 PM

£1 flat fare tube

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Mike Bristow wrote:

In article ,
Tom Anderson wrote:
Why is there not much point? What about people who live in Epping or West
Ruislip and want to get home late at night?

Where are they coming from? Leytonstone? Not likely. More likely
to be the West End - and the suggestion was not to run the tube
24/7 through that area.

Ah, seem to have missed that point; sorry!

tom

--
No noon today. Noon tomorrow. There's always a noon tomorrow.

Nick Leverton May 20th 04 09:54 PM

£1 flat fare tube

In article ,
Mike Bristow wrote:
Where are they coming from? Leytonstone? Not likely. More likely
to be the West End - and the suggestion was not to run the tube
24/7 through that area.

Seems to be catering for the really small market of people who go
clubbing at Kirkdales, or who have already endured a long bus
journey.

You mean there are clubs that close before the Tubes start ?
Well there are on Sunday mornings, of course ... hours spent at Highbury...

Nick
--
"And we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what is
neurotypical anyway. Thank you".

Mike Bristow May 25th 04 09:37 AM

£1 flat fare tube

In article ,
Nick Leverton wrote:
In article ,
Mike Bristow wrote:
Where are they coming from? Leytonstone? Not likely. More likely
to be the West End - and the suggestion was not to run the tube
24/7 through that area.

Seems to be catering for the really small market of people who go
clubbing at Kirkdales, or who have already endured a long bus
journey.

You mean there are clubs that close before the Tubes start ?

In Leytonstone? Yep.

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.

AyrAlex June 1st 04 07:41 PM

£1 flat fare tube

Glasgow Subway is £1 single. And since it's a circle, you can get a lot for
your pound. You can go round and round and round and round and round and
round and round all day (if you're sufficiently sad).

Also, you never have to miss your stop, just wait for it to come round again
(I did steal this idea from someone else).

--
"We are now approaching Paisley Gilmour Street"