Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 20th 19, 05:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was covering for brother

On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 14:35:54 +0100, MissRiaElaine
wrote:

On 20/07/2019 14:19, Clank wrote:
MissRiaElaine Wrote in message:
Now that *is* semantics. In all but name, it's a contract. Or equivalent to one, which amounts to the same thing.
As far as I'm concerned, PAYG is just that. Paying per month is not paying as you go, it's paying regularly, which is to me a contract.

Well, it might be to you, but it isn't to anyone else. Redefining
the meaning of words may make you think you're winning an
argument in your own head, but you really ain't.

If you are "paying as you go", in advance, and with no outstanding
commitment whatsoever should you choose to stop paying at any
time, then you do not have a contract. You just have a regular
spending habit.

As I said, semantics. I won't argue with you any more, you're entitled
to your view, but please allow me to have mine.

Anything involving someone agreeing to supply goods or services in
return for you supplying some kind of consideration (usually money) is
a "contract". It is just easier for their lazy advertising/publicity
wonks to claim there is no contract rather than get into a more
involved description of a contract which tends to die at the end of
(usually) a month's service. At worst it leads to disputes where the
seller claims there is no contract when there still is.

Sim-L-Bus Peter Wright London Transport 1 August 3rd 14 09:30 AM
HS2 expected to run alongside a dual carriageway in the Chilterns E27002 London Transport 3 March 23rd 10 03:50 PM
The little git tube worker fired! Ian F. London Transport 12 October 27th 09 07:38 AM
Big Brother Anon London Transport 2 February 21st 04 12:02 AM
Oyster=Big Brother ?? Tony Bryer London Transport 16 September 30th 03 08:53 AM