Old October 21st 19, 12:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default No third runway at Heathrow before 2035 (prediction)

"Recliner" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 19:47:07 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

If LHR does get 50% more slots, preference will be given to new airlines
without an existing presence, probably followed by other local carriers.

you think?

That's the stated plan. It's why IAG is so against the third runway.

Oh I understand IAG aren't going to get anymore

but that doesn't mean that LH (as an example) wont

You really think that there will be enough new (to the airport) carriers
who
want slots?

Of course! What an amazing question to ask!

Come one then, name some major airlines currently with zero slots, waiting
on the list

tim

Old October 21st 19, 12:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 13:37:35 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

If LHR does get 50% more slots, preference will be given to new airlines
without an existing presence, probably followed by other local carriers.

you think?

That's the stated plan. It's why IAG is so against the third runway.

Oh I understand IAG aren't going to get anymore

but that doesn't mean that LH (as an example) wont

The LH group already have as many slots as they can use, thanks to
owning bmi for years.

You really think that there will be enough new (to the airport) carriers
who
want slots?

Of course! What an amazing question to ask!

Come one then, name some major airlines currently with zero slots, waiting
on the list

Who said anything about *major* airlines? Plenty of airlines would
like to move from Gatwick to Heathrow.

Would Chinese and East European airlines not want more LHR slots?

Some will go for UK domestic flights.
Old October 21st 19, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Recliner" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 13:37:35 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

If LHR does get 50% more slots, preference will be given to new
airlines
without an existing presence, probably followed by other local
carriers.

you think?

That's the stated plan. It's why IAG is so against the third runway.

Oh I understand IAG aren't going to get anymore

but that doesn't mean that LH (as an example) wont

The LH group already have as many slots as they can use, thanks to
owning bmi for years.

You really think that there will be enough new (to the airport) carriers
who
want slots?

Of course! What an amazing question to ask!

Come one then, name some major airlines currently with zero slots, waiting
on the list

Who said anything about *major* airlines?

The premise was that they are going to be competition for Emirates on
indirect journeys from ROW locations

minor airlines not going to have the ROW connections to be such competition.

Plenty of airlines would
like to move from Gatwick to Heathrow.

But that's not what the LHR runway is supposed to provide.

moving flights from LGW to LHR does not increase capacity in SE England.

Obviously, we can't have rules to stop that

But it seems daft to have rules to favour it.

Would Chinese

I've said in the past that I don't believe that there is much scope for
increases of flight from China.

The reason that we don't have the connections to China that other countries
have is because we make it so bloody difficult for the Chinese to get Visas
to come here. So there isn't the demand from there, that would make flights
to Chinese regions viable.

and East European airlines not want more LHR slots?

Wizzair seem to have E Europe sown up. I doubt that they will want to move
to LHR.

Some will go for UK domestic flights.

Hm, I'll believe that when I see it

Old October 21st 19, 03:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

The threat to EK is if its DXB hub is bypassed by long haul direct flights
to Heathrow from Asian or African cities.

minor airlines not going to have the ROW connections to be such competition.

That's exactly what they might have.

Plenty of airlines would
like to move from Gatwick to Heathrow.

But that's not what the LHR runway is supposed to provide.

moving flights from LGW to LHR does not increase capacity in SE England.

Yes it does, because it frees space in Gatwick for less premium airlines.

Obviously, we can't have rules to stop that

But it seems daft to have rules to favour it.

Would Chinese

I've said in the past that I don't believe that there is much scope for
increases of flight from China.

The reason that we don't have the connections to China that other countries
have is because we make it so bloody difficult for the Chinese to get Visas
to come here. So there isn't the demand from there, that would make flights
to Chinese regions viable.

We already get lots of Chinese visitors, but you're right that we need to
make it easier for them to get UK visas.

and East European airlines not want more LHR slots?

Wizzair seem to have E Europe sown up. I doubt that they will want to move
to LHR.

Some will go for UK domestic flights.

Hm, I'll believe that when I see it

That's part of the deal.

Old October 21st 19, 04:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

If LHR does get 50% more slots, preference will be given to new
airlines
without an existing presence, probably followed by other local
carriers.

you think?

That's the stated plan. It's why IAG is so against the third runway.

Oh I understand IAG aren't going to get anymore

but that doesn't mean that LH (as an example) wont

The LH group already have as many slots as they can use, thanks to
owning bmi for years.

You really think that there will be enough new (to the airport)
carriers
who
want slots?

Of course!Â* What an amazing question to ask!

[...]

to get Visas to come here.Â* So there isn't the demand from there, that
would make flights to Chinese regions viable.

Every University I've visited in the last ten years has a high
proportion of Chinese students. So there is some demand.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.