London Banter

-   -   Orion 769 Flex cargo services into Liverpool St (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17699-orion-769-flex-cargo-services.html)

Anna Noyd-Dryver November 1st 19 09:12 PM

Orion 769 Flex cargo services into Liverpool St

wrote:
On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 08:49:07 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:19:15 on Thu, 31 Oct
2019, Anna Noyd-Dryver remarked:

you wouldn't want to be moving around a 6 foot high stack with a hand driven

thingy

you need the item to be no higher than you can reasonably see over the top

Yesterday I noted a pallet being moved around on a pallet trolley at my
local Aldi; it was stacked to far above head height with plastic trays
containing loaves of sliced bread, the whole lot wrapped in cling film to
keep it together.

I don't know if yours is different, but our Aldi takes no prisoners when
it comes to shelf-stacking. The staff expect customers to scatter when
they barge past with the pallets, and then leave them blocking the
aisle.

Its always good to be reminded why I avoid those branded famine relief
centres called Aldi and Lidl. God awful ********s.

Decent produce (some things really good, particularly ham and gin) for
cheap prices; efficient staff who look like they work hard; free
electricity at Lidl :)

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Arthur Conan Doyle November 2nd 19 12:15 AM

wrote:

Its always good to be reminded why I avoid those branded famine relief
centres called Aldi and Lidl. God awful ********s.

I truely do not understand why they are so popular. They mostly sell a
combination of Poundland size packages and generic products. I can do equally as
well with careful selection at Tesco or Morrisons and get much higher quality
product.

[email protected] November 2nd 19 12:44 AM

On 02/11/2019 01:15, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
wrote:

Its always good to be reminded why I avoid those branded famine relief
centres called Aldi and Lidl. God awful ********s.

I truely do not understand why they are so popular. They mostly sell a
combination of Poundland size packages and generic products. I can do equally as
well with careful selection at Tesco or Morrisons and get much higher quality
product.

I use Aldi regularly as one is very close. I find the quality of their
products much better than Tesco, and once you know the layout you can
get in and out very quickly.

Morrisons has the advantage that their products in Market Street are
excellent and beat the quality of the other supermarkets I have access to.

Tesco is my supermarket of last resort but is conveniently between home
and my local railway station so the facilities can be useful.

Roland Perry November 2nd 19 05:40 AM

Orion 769 Flex cargo services into Liverpool St

In message , at 01:44:29 on Sat, 2 Nov 2019,
remarked:

Its always good to be reminded why I avoid those branded famine
relief
centres called Aldi and Lidl. God awful ********s.

I truely do not understand why they are so popular. They mostly sell
a combination of Poundland size packages and generic products. I can
do equally as well with careful selection at Tesco or Morrisons and
get much higher quality product.

I use Aldi regularly as one is very close. I find the quality of their
products much better than Tesco, and once you know the layout you can
get in and out very quickly.

Yes, the quality of heir produce is excellent, just as long as you
realise that for food "you get what you pay for". So a steak priced at
£3 is going to be chewier than one priced at £5, but you'd have to pay
£7 for the latter at other stores.

Morrisons has the advantage that their products in Market Street are
excellent and beat the quality of the other supermarkets I have access
to.

Morrisons is perhaps the closest rival, but the nearest to me are an
hours drive away. (See also thread about those mail order lockers at
Morrisons/Railway stations).

[email protected] November 2nd 19 11:41 AM

Orion 769 Flex cargo services into Liverpool St

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

Would that be the bright pink with more nitrates than a fertiliser lorry
and made by some german company you've never heard of ham?

cheap prices; efficient staff who look like they work hard; free
electricity at Lidl :)

Do they have a special carrier bag for that then?

[email protected] November 2nd 19 11:42 AM

Orion 769 Flex cargo services into Liverpool St

wrote:

Its always good to be reminded why I avoid those branded famine relief
centres called Aldi and Lidl. God awful ********s.

I truely do not understand why they are so popular. They mostly sell a
combination of Poundland size packages and generic products. I can do

equally as
well with careful selection at Tesco or Morrisons and get much higher quality

product.

I use Aldi regularly as one is very close. I find the quality of their
products much better than Tesco, and once you know the layout you can
get in and out very quickly.

They don't have a layout, they just have pallets straight of the lorry
arranged in rows. Thats not a supermarket, its a distribution centre.
But then Costco is also popular so each to their own I suppose.

Roland Perry November 2nd 19 12:13 PM

Orion 769 Flex cargo services into Liverpool St

In message , at 12:42:54 on Sat, 2 Nov
2019, remarked:
wrote:

Its always good to be reminded why I avoid those branded famine relief
centres called Aldi and Lidl. God awful ********s.

I truely do not understand why they are so popular. They mostly sell a
combination of Poundland size packages and generic products. I can do

equally as
well with careful selection at Tesco or Morrisons and get much
higher quality

product.

I use Aldi regularly as one is very close. I find the quality of their
products much better than Tesco, and once you know the layout you can
get in and out very quickly.

They don't have a layout, they just have pallets straight of the lorry
arranged in rows.

I do love it when someone proves they've never seen what it is they
claim to be talking about.

Anna Noyd-Dryver November 2nd 19 12:21 PM

wrote:

Its always good to be reminded why I avoid those branded famine relief
centres called Aldi and Lidl. God awful ********s.

I truely do not understand why they are so popular. They mostly sell a
combination of Poundland size packages and generic products. I can do equally as
well with careful selection at Tesco or Morrisons and get much higher quality
product.

I use Aldi regularly as one is very close. I find the quality of their
products much better than Tesco, and once you know the layout you can
get in and out very quickly.

Morrisons has the advantage that their products in Market Street are
excellent and beat the quality of the other supermarkets I have access to.

Morrisons has the disadvantage that their pre-packaged ham and cheese is at
the opposite corner of the store than their deli counter, meaning you can't
compare the two ranges without marching repeatedly the length of the
store...

Anna Noyd-Dryver

[email protected] November 2nd 19 12:25 PM

Orion 769 Flex cargo services into Liverpool St

On 02/11/2019 12:42, wrote:
wrote:

Its always good to be reminded why I avoid those branded famine relief
centres called Aldi and Lidl. God awful ********s.

I truely do not understand why they are so popular. They mostly sell a
combination of Poundland size packages and generic products. I can do

equally as
well with careful selection at Tesco or Morrisons and get much higher quality

product.

I use Aldi regularly as one is very close. I find the quality of their
products much better than Tesco, and once you know the layout you can
get in and out very quickly.

They don't have a layout, they just have pallets straight of the lorry
arranged in rows. Thats not a supermarket, its a distribution centre.
But then Costco is also popular so each to their own I suppose.

They do have a layout which is almost identical in all their stores
although some can be left to right.