Old January 24th 20, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default St Pancras departures shown in KGX

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:37:18 on Fri, 24 Jan
2020, Recliner remarked:

Can the OP say when his photo was taken?

You can see for yourself from the exif info on the photo:
Date and Time (Original) - 2020:01:21 19:00:52

The camera clock will have been within a minute of the correct time, so I'd
have taken it between 19:00 and 19:02.

I'm minded to say that the 19:16 would have disappeared at 19:01, so you
only just captured it.

Yes, could be, I didn't hang around to watch.

Old January 24th 20, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:27:40 on Fri, 24 Jan 2020,
Roland Perry remarked:
That must be a fairly recent development. I never seen that
and I visit Kings Cross every few weeks. Obviously this will be
helpful for passengers needing to decide from which station
the next train will depart.

Not just the next train, but the first to arrive at their destination. For
example, it shows that there's a train boarding on platform 10 for
Cambridge, but there's one 10 mins later from St Pancras that gets to
Cambridge eight minutes earlier.

Do they hide trains from St Pancras that are insufficiently soon?

"too soon", perhaps. They certainly won't be using the normal published
'interchange time' which is 30 mins (although perhaps that's 15+15)

Yes, just seen a St Pancras Service disappear from the board at Kings
Cross 15 minutes before its scheduled departure from SPILL

Seems sensible. I suppose 10 mins might just work, but 15 saves people from
having to rush, possibly crossing the road unsafely.

Old January 26th 20, 10:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In article , Recliner
writes
Apologies if this is old news, but I noticed yesterday that the Kings
Cross departures board now shows ECML Thameslink departures from St
Pancras:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...in/dateposted-
friend/lightbox/

I first noticed that on 28th March last year. I don't think I'd been to
King's Cross for a few months before that.

I can't recall other instances of UK rail stations also showing
departures from other, adjacent stations, but perhaps there are some
that I'm not aware of.

I have memories that whichever of Wigan and Warrington has the stations
very close to each other did it when I was there, many many years ago.

--
Clive D.W. Feather
Old January 27th 20, 05:15 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
In article , Recliner
writes
Apologies if this is old news, but I noticed yesterday that the Kings
Cross departures board now shows ECML Thameslink departures from St
Pancras:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...in/dateposted-
friend/lightbox/

I first noticed that on 28th March last year. I don't think I'd been to
King's Cross for a few months before that.

I can't recall other instances of UK rail stations also showing
departures from other, adjacent stations, but perhaps there are some
that I'm not aware of.

I have memories that whichever of Wigan and Warrington has the stations
very close to each other did it when I was there, many many years ago.

The Warrington stations (Bank Quay and Central) are not very close, about
10 to 15 minutes walk apart across the town centre. The Wigan stations are
about a couple of hundred yards distant.

--
Jeremy Double
Old January 27th 20, 10:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/49423851683/in/dateposted-friend/lightbox/

I can't recall other instances of UK rail stations also showing
departures from other, adjacent stations, but perhaps there are some
that I'm not aware of.

Coulsdon South shows departures from Coulsdon Town on a separate,
dedicated screen.
--
Ian â—Ž

Old January 27th 20, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Ian Clifton" wrote in message
Recliner writes:

Apologies if this is old news, but I noticed yesterday that the Kings
Cross departures board now shows ECML Thameslink departures from St
Pancras:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/49423851683/in/dateposted-friend/lightbox/

I can't recall other instances of UK rail stations also showing
departures from other, adjacent stations, but perhaps there are some
that I'm not aware of.

Coulsdon South shows departures from Coulsdon Town on a separate,
dedicated screen.

I don't know if it happens but other obvious candidates would be:
Whyteleafe and Upper Warlingham
Sanderstead and Purley Oaks

AFAIK a common feature of these Southern station pairs is that a ticket
to/from the London direction is also valid at the other station of the pair.

--
DAS