Old May 22nd 04, 12:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default getting from Heathrow

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Colin wrote:

I don't think they let you sleep in the airport after it closes at about
midnight (unless there have been major delays and they can't put everyone in
hotels). Security will come and remove you. I think it opens again at about
5am.

There are some reviews of trying to sleep in Heathrow he

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/eu...onheathrow.htm
--
Michael Hoffman

Old May 22nd 04, 01:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Richard J.
writes
Maybe he wants to be there 3hrs ahead of a 5am flight?

There are no 5am flights from Heathrow.

Sense of humour failure?
Old May 22nd 04, 07:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Thank you for invaluable opinions

There are some reviews of trying to sleep in Heathrow he

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/eu...onheathrow.htm

they don`t sound very optimistic
anyway, I have no choice, I have early morning flight to USA,
I`m arriving in the eveining previous day and not having money
for expensive hotel, I will stay at the airport.
.... I know, I know, I am going to be bloody exhausted

I don't think they let you sleep in the airport after it closes at about

midnight

As far as I know the airport is all night opened..

Once again I will ask, how should I arrange night sightseeing tour
in Londyn? I`m not affraid of being lost in the city because I don`t plan
to wander far away from the main city attractions full of helpful people

p.s The baggage will already be checked and sent.
Thanks in advance for valuable advices

Old May 27th 04, 08:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

There are London Sightseeing Tour buses http://www.theoriginaltour.com/ but
I dont think they run at night.

However you could buy a One Day Travelcard at Heathrow Underground Station
(£5.40) and take the underground up to Central London. You could travel
round the centre on the normal buses and either take a late Underground
train or the N9 Night Bus back to Heathrow.

The web sites http://www.tfl.gov.uk and http://www.londonbusroutes.net give
you more info about public transport in London.

Old May 27th 04, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin wrote:

"Gazeta" wrote in message
Hello how can I get to London center from Heathrow, and how
can I get back in the night at about 2 a.m ? (and how much does it cost?)
Greetings

The quickest way to get from Heathrow to central London is on the Heathrow
Express train (Cost GBP13 single).

Ooh, a ride on an Alstom Juniper! That's still quite expensive by train
standards, I feel a new topic coming on...
--
"We are now approaching Paisley Gilmour Street"

Old May 27th 04, 11:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

AyrAlex wrote:
Colin wrote:

"Gazeta" wrote in message
Hello how can I get to London center from Heathrow, and how
can I get back in the night at about 2 a.m ? (and how much does
it cost?) Greetings

The quickest way to get from Heathrow to central London is on the
Heathrow Express train (Cost GBP13 single).

Ooh, a ride on an Alstom Juniper!

No. Class 332, built by Siemens.
--
Richard J.
Old May 28th 04, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Richard J. wrote:
AyrAlex wrote:
Colin wrote:
The quickest way to get from Heathrow to central London is on the
Heathrow Express train (Cost GBP13 single).

Ooh, a ride on an Alstom Juniper!

No. Class 332, built by Siemens.

AyrAlex - perhaps you were thinking of Gatwick Express? It was operated
by a strain of Juniper last I checked.

Niklas
--
"My first time renting a car in the UK, I was a little surprised at how long it
took to get up to 100 on the motorway and was thinking disparaging remarks about