London Banter

-   -   Have the 483s had their final run? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17818-have-483s-had-their-final.html)

Alan[_6_] January 3rd 21 07:13 PM

Have the 483s had their final run?

On Sun, 03 Jan 2021 16:43:02 +0000, Recliner wrote:

I saw this rare one in the collection:
https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/1...s-island-line-

trains-30-years/?
fbclid=IwAR2u9YuISXwMsJuXYTGi-2cBppsyH7M7P7Eq0do1LFt5sazN9MMCfoazzeg#gallery73

That's a really good picture, I didnt realise how small they were.

Christopher A. Lee[_2_] January 3rd 21 07:41 PM

On Sun, 03 Jan 2021 14:13:57 -0600, Alan wrote:

On Sun, 03 Jan 2021 16:43:02 +0000, Recliner wrote:

I saw this rare one in the collection:
https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/18982235.pictures-island-line-trains-30-years/?fbclid=IwAR2u9YuISXwMsJuXYTGi-2cBppsyH7M7P7Eq0do1LFt5sazN9MMCfoazzeg#gallery73

That's a really good picture, I didnt realise how small they were.

Did you never ride those on the Oiccadilly or Central Lines?

BTW, if you enclose a long URL in ..., readers won't have to edit it
back together.

Alternatively, use Tinyurl to give you a short one that will be
redirectedto the original.

http://www.tinyurl.com

Recliner[_4_] January 3rd 21 07:53 PM

Alan wrote:
On Sun, 03 Jan 2021 16:43:02 +0000, Recliner wrote:

I saw this rare one in the collection:
https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/1...s-island-line-

trains-30-years/?
fbclid=IwAR2u9YuISXwMsJuXYTGi-2cBppsyH7M7P7Eq0do1LFt5sazN9MMCfoazzeg#gallery73

That's a really good picture, I didnt realise how small they were.

Yes, it's quite a reminder.

And it's worth remembering that the modern-day successors to those little
and large trains share tracks and platforms every day at Acton Town, Ealing
Common and from Rayner's Lane to Uxbridge. It's a similar situation from
Kensal Green to Harrow and Wealdstone.

Recliner[_4_] January 3rd 21 07:53 PM

Christopher A. Lee wrote:
On Sun, 03 Jan 2021 14:13:57 -0600, Alan wrote:

On Sun, 03 Jan 2021 16:43:02 +0000, Recliner wrote:

I saw this rare one in the collection:
https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/18982235.pictures-island-line-trains-30-years/?fbclid=IwAR2u9YuISXwMsJuXYTGi-2cBppsyH7M7P7Eq0do1LFt5sazN9MMCfoazzeg#gallery73

That's a really good picture, I didnt realise how small they were.

Did you never ride those on the Oiccadilly or Central Lines?

I did, occasionally, when they had a life extension, but more often on the
very similar 59/62 stocks.

BTW, if you enclose a long URL in ..., readers won't have to edit it
back together.

Note that that's exactly what I did. It works in the original post, but not
in replies.

Alternatively, use Tinyurl to give you a short one that will be
redirectedto the original.

http://www.tinyurl.com

Many people are suspicious of those.

Roland Perry January 4th 21 06:25 AM

Have the 483s had their final run?

In message , at 20:53:02 on Sun, 3 Jan 2021,
Recliner remarked:

Alternatively, use Tinyurl to give you a short one that will be
redirectedto the original.

http://www.tinyurl.com

Many people are suspicious of those.

Yes, url shorteners are inherently capable of collecting data on who is
looking at which [page of] a website. Not only does that give each user
a history, but if someone was interested they could link together all
the people who looked at one particular page.