Old May 21st 04, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Grand Prix route

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/3735029.stm

Oxford Street seems like a bad idea to me - it would lose too much shopping
money, and although it's world famous (why?), it doesn't work as a
television backdrop.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old May 22nd 04, 01:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/3735029.stm

Oxford Street seems like a bad idea to me - it would lose too much

shopping
money, and although it's world famous (why?), it doesn't work as a
television backdrop.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

As a GP would require closing the circuit for at least 1-2 weekdays (for
setting up and testing etc), I cannot imagine a GP taking place in central
London. A GP cannot be compared with the London marathon due to the safety
barriers etc that are required for GPs.

I am sure that some of the obstacles (traffic islands etc) could not be
easily moved.

Does anyone know how long the roads are closed on other 'public road'
circuits.

Old May 22nd 04, 02:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 22 May 2004 00:14:57 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/3735029.stm

Oxford Street seems like a bad idea to me - it would lose too much shopping
money, and although it's world famous (why?), it doesn't work as a
television backdrop.

How about the sewers, like the Italian Job?

Or embankment - tunnel - Canary Wharf.

Simon

Old May 23rd 04, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kevin Bean wrote in message
.. .
"John Rowland" wrote in message

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/3735029.stm

Oxford Street seems like a bad idea to me - it would lose too much

shopping
money, and although it's world famous (why?), it doesn't work as a
television backdrop.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

As a GP would require closing the circuit for at least 1-2 weekdays (for
setting up and testing etc), I cannot imagine a GP taking place in central
London. A GP cannot be compared with the London marathon due to the safety
barriers etc that are required for GPs.

I am sure that some of the obstacles (traffic islands etc) could not be
easily moved.

Does anyone know how long the roads are closed on other 'public road'
circuits.

I'm pretty sure they prepare the Monaco GP 'furniture' from March time. Over
2 weeks they have not only have the F1 race but vintages, F3000 and other
supporting races.

Old May 23rd 04, 05:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I am a Formula One fan living in London and I have contemplated this idea
many a time. I made this idea for a circuit years ago.

http://www.bigorangelovebus.net/streetsmall.gif

Pit straight is the green part along the mall. Cars run anti-clockwise.