Old February 25th 21, 06:28 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Goblin timings

I'm sure I've commented on this before, but they are still using the
same timings from the diesel days, even thought the full electric fleet
entered service by August 2019. Barking Riverside is supposed to open in
July 2022, so I suppose there will now be no timetable change until May
2022. It must be very disappointing for people who use the line daily.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
1999 - Field Recordings From The Cook County Water Table - Brokeback

Old February 25th 21, 09:02 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 25/02/2021 06:28, Basil Jet wrote:

I'm sure I've commented on this before, but they are still using the
same timings from the diesel days, even thought the full electric fleet
entered service by August 2019. Barking Riverside is supposed to open in
July 2022, so I suppose there will now be no timetable change until May
2022. It must be very disappointing for people who use the line daily.

I suspect those responsible for timetables have their hands full with
the frequent network wide timetable changes to worry about the Goblin
and the interlinked services.
Old February 25th 21, 10:59 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:

I'm sure I've commented on this before, but they are still using the
same timings from the diesel days, even thought the full electric fleet
entered service by August 2019. Barking Riverside is supposed to open in
July 2022, so I suppose there will now be no timetable change until May
2022. It must be very disappointing for people who use the line daily.

Presumably the timekeeping is better though, as there'll be extra dwell
time at each stop?

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Old February 25th 21, 11:16 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

I do still use GOBLIN although far less frequently than pre-COVID
and I haven't been disappointed or inconvenienced by the lack of
change to the timetable.

It should be remembered that the passenger trains have to fit in
with the running times of the numerous freight trains, most of
which are still diesel hauled. The passenger timings probably have
limited flexibility.
Old February 10th 22, 01:39 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

I travelled on the line again yesterday in the early afternoon. The
train was well patronised and about 65% of the seats were occupied
with a few passengers standing.

I imagine that with the full abandonment of lockdown in two weeks
or so, the line will quickly become very busy again.