Old May 22nd 04, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Transport Museam

Hi

Is the transport museum ( I think its in Covent garden ) any good, any info
about what is there etc would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old May 22nd 04, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive Allen" wrote in message
Hi

Is the transport museum ( I think its in Covent garden ) any good, any

info
about what is there etc would be appreciated.

Yes, it's excellent. They have a selection of trams, buses and tube trains,
as well as galleries devoted to the building of the tube and cut-and-cover
Underground lines, the design of tram tracks and junctions, signalling,
lifts/escalators etc. THey even have a steam loco that operated the
Quainton-Brill tramway

Not sure what the entrance fee is. Some museums are free nowadays, but I'm
not sure whether the LT museum is one of them.

Allow a couple of hours to see everything.

Old May 22nd 04, 08:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martin Underwood" wrote in message
s.com...
"Clive Allen" wrote in message
Hi

Is the transport museum ( I think its in Covent garden ) any good, any

info
about what is there etc would be appreciated.

Yes, it's excellent. They have a selection of trams, buses and tube

trains,
as well as galleries devoted to the building of the tube and cut-and-cover
Underground lines, the design of tram tracks and junctions, signalling,
lifts/escalators etc. THey even have a steam loco that operated the
Quainton-Brill tramway

I certainly enjoyed my visit there. Without wishing to be lazy and merely
post links, you can see more information on the collections and specific
exhibitions on the website-- http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/ with
http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/collections/index.html particularly relevant to
your question.

Not sure what the entrance fee is. Some museums are free nowadays, but I'm
not sure whether the LT museum is one of them.

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/visiting/index.html should help. Including
http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/visiting/admission.html for details of admission
charges.

HTH,

Tom

Old May 22nd 04, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/

Old May 23rd 04, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Yes, it's a great museum: check it out for yourself at:-

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/

Also, The Depot at Acton Town, which is only open periodically, is excellent:
details on above website.

Marc.

Old May 24th 04, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Is the transport museum ( I think its in Covent garden ) any good, any
info
about what is there etc would be appreciated.

I wholeheartedly recommend it, especially if you have children. It's one of
the better museums I've been to for interactive displays. The resource
center upstairs was especially helpful in tracking down a bit of arcane
transit trivia I was seeking.