Old June 2nd 04, 10:49 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Default Political Parties 10 June

"John Nuts" wrote in message
Hi--Is there a way of knowing all the parties that will be standing in a
particular area (Croydon) beforehand 10th June?

Rgs--John

Hey John

I just a booklet through the mail that outlines all Mayoral candidates, all
London Borough MEP and GLA candidates

You should be getting one too

Interesting thing is the Mayoral candidates spiel

ALL seem to be campaigning on the main issue of reducing CRIME with Norris
modling himself on Guilliani

The CONgestion charge will be SCRAPPED by all except Mad Ken & the greenies
and just "Modified" by the fence sitting, wishy washy wibberwals

Public transport seems to be a hot topic too with most advocating the
reduction of speed cameras, bus lanes & speed bumps ( Thank feck!) and Late
or all night running of the Tube

So it looks as though Londoners were polled as to what would win their votes
and CRIME, The scrapping of the CONgestion charge & later running of trains
& tubes were the big three

Another strong theme is the reduction of Council taxes and the sheer amount
of public cash the Mayor & GLA consumes

Doesn't bode well for the Mad Ken *camp* who seem to think that he'll
somehow win a second term after FAILING to deliver on all but the most
meaningless of his pre-election promises

The mainstreamers didn't impress me at all, the suprise candidates who I
thought had the best understanding of what Londoners need were folks and
parties I'd never heared of,

IWCA ? who has heared of them ?

Watch out Mad Ken, looks like your empire has crumbled

Old June 2nd 04, 01:59 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

http://londonelects.org.uk/

Old June 2nd 04, 07:45 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Seanie O'Kilfoyle wrote:

Hey John

I just a booklet through the mail that outlines all Mayoral candidates, all
London Borough MEP and GLA candidates

pedant
London Assembly candidates
/pedant

Old June 2nd 04, 08:14 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

In article ,
Stuart wrote:
Seanie O'Kilfoyle wrote:

Hey John

I just a booklet through the mail that outlines all Mayoral candidates, all
London Borough MEP and GLA candidates

pedant
London Assembly candidates
/pedant

I was impressed with Frank Maloney's pledge to abolish the GLA. The
Mayor is part of the GLA so if he was elected he'd abolish himself.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"Most of us Lib Dems stopped years ago being 'nice'" - David Larkman
Old June 2nd 04, 11:21 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

David Boothroyd wrote:

I was impressed with Frank Maloney's pledge to abolish the GLA. The
Mayor is part of the GLA so if he was elected he'd abolish himself.

It's the same with the UKIP and BNP candidates for the European
Parliament. What are they going to do if they are actually elected? Work
to abolish the organisation they are paid to be a part of?

Old June 3rd 04, 12:20 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Stuart" wrote in message
David Boothroyd wrote:

I was impressed with Frank Maloney's pledge to abolish the GLA. The
Mayor is part of the GLA so if he was elected he'd abolish himself.

It's the same with the UKIP and BNP candidates for the European
Parliament.

No it's NOT

Frank want's to lower the cost of Londoners Poll Tax ( don't give me that
pedantry **** again) by throwing less money at career politicians who get
paid to have a meeting about their last meeting

What are they going to do if they are actually elected? Work
to abolish the organisation they are paid to be a part of?

Yes, they work to assert the will of the people, they couldn't abolish it
from the outside could they

It wouldn't be the first time a parliament had voted itself out of existence
remember 1640summat ?

Old June 3rd 04, 07:48 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

In article ,
"Yanart Amin Ari" wrote:
"Stuart" wrote in message
David Boothroyd wrote:

I was impressed with Frank Maloney's pledge to abolish the GLA. The
Mayor is part of the GLA so if he was elected he'd abolish himself.

It's the same with the UKIP and BNP candidates for the European
Parliament.

No it's NOT

Frank want's

He obviously needs to start educating his supporters in English grammar.

to lower the cost of Londoners Poll Tax ( don't give me that
pedantry **** again)

Is it pedantry to point out that the Poll Tax was abolished in 1993, or
is it accuracy?

by throwing less money at career politicians who get
paid to have a meeting about their last meeting

The job of the Assembly is to perform a check on the Mayor. There's
something very disturbing about someone getting rid of the only
organisation that is really able to check up on them.

It wouldn't be the first time a parliament had voted itself out of existence
remember 1640summat ?

You obviously don't remember anything about it because no Parliament
voted itself out of existence in the 1640s.

Old June 3rd 04, 09:04 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Yanart Amin Ari wrote:
Yes, they work to assert the will of the people, they couldn't abolish it
from the outside could they

Ah yes I'm sure in the history books we'll read that the whole of one of
the biggest parliaments in the world was brought down by a bitter ex BBC
talk show host!

Old June 3rd 04, 11:14 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"David Boothroyd" wrote in message
In article ,
"Yanart Amin Ari" wrote:
"Stuart" wrote in message
David Boothroyd wrote:

[...]

You really ARE a PEDANT aint you Betty

Smart I like, SMART-ARSED I don't

I'm sure you *Know* which parliament I mean, if you can't be arsed to swot
up on the date why should I ?

Have a wonderful day and do try not to **** too many people off

innit

Old June 3rd 04, 11:15 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Stuart" wrote in message
Yanart Amin Ari wrote:
Yes, they work to assert the will of the people, they couldn't abolish

it
from the outside could they

Ah yes I'm sure in the history books we'll read that the whole of one of
the biggest parliaments in the world was brought down by a bitter ex BBC
talk show host!

You probably won't live that long

Izerntit

Is Ealing Broadway-Ealing Common running on 10 June? Nigel Pendse London Transport 6 June 11th 06 07:50 PM
"Pay next day" for congestion charge from June TravelBot London Transport News 0 March 12th 06 07:44 PM
Disruption on Bakerloo Line last night 7 June 2005 Christian Hansen London Transport 2 June 9th 05 03:59 PM
Old cars or bikes wtd for Primrose Hill Summer Festival, Saturday 25th June 2005 [email protected] London Transport 1 April 26th 05 02:53 PM
June Underground News - the owl on the back cover John Rowland London Transport 1 May 29th 04 08:52 AM