London Banter

-   -   parking in putney (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1841-parking-putney.html)

stuvee02 June 11th 04 02:38 PM

parking in putney

does anyone know where I can park in putney - I'm starting work there
next week for a short term contract.
preferably on-street free down a side road somewhere as near to east
putney as possible but I don't mind walking some way. Otherwise where
can I park for 8 hours the cheapest??

any ideas gratefully received
stu

Paul Terry June 11th 04 04:20 PM

parking in putney

In message , stuvee02
writes

does anyone know where I can park in putney - I'm starting work there
next week for a short term contract.
preferably on-street free down a side road somewhere as near to east
putney as possible but I don't mind walking some way.

You would certainly need to walk quite a way, as most of Putney is
divided into Controlled Parking Zones:

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/NR/Wand...yCPZ_large.gif

(10-hour visitor parking in shown by a "10" on this map).
--
Paul Terry

Piccadilly Pilot June 11th 04 07:45 PM

parking in putney

stuvee02 wrote:
does anyone know where I can park in putney - I'm starting work there
next week for a short term contract.
preferably on-street free down a side road somewhere as near to east
putney as possible but I don't mind walking some way. Otherwise where
can I park for 8 hours the cheapest??

any ideas gratefully received
stu

East Putney has it's very own Underground station where a fully qualified
driver will look after boring things like parking.

Usenet June 12th 04 10:16 PM

parking in putney

In message , stuvee02
writes
does anyone know where I can park in putney - I'm starting work there
next week for a short term contract.
preferably on-street free down a side road somewhere as near to east
putney as possible but I don't mind walking some way. Otherwise where
can I park for 8 hours the cheapest??

any ideas gratefully received

For free [parking you'd probably have to park somewhere between
Southfields & East Putney. There's a free zone along Sutherland Grove
(just off West Hill) but as it's right outside a residential college,
most of the spaces are taken - although, that said, University end of
term is about now, so you might be OK parking there until autumn.
East Putney is about 10 minutes walk away.

--
Martin @ Strawberry Hill

tim June 14th 04 04:31 PM

parking in putney

"Usenet" wrote in message
In message , stuvee02
writes
does anyone know where I can park in putney - I'm starting work there
next week for a short term contract.
preferably on-street free down a side road somewhere as near to east
putney as possible but I don't mind walking some way. Otherwise where
can I park for 8 hours the cheapest??

any ideas gratefully received

For free [parking you'd probably have to park somewhere between
Southfields & East Putney. There's a free zone along Sutherland Grove
(just off West Hill) but as it's right outside a residential college,
most of the spaces are taken - although, that said, University end of
term is about now, so you might be OK parking there until autumn.
East Putney is about 10 minutes walk away.

When I used to work in Putney - 25 years ago, even then we had
to park at the top of the hill, in the lay-by thingy by the Heath.

It can't have got any better.

tim

stuvee02 June 16th 04 06:51 AM

parking in putney