Old June 11th 04, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default parking in putney

does anyone know where I can park in putney - I'm starting work there
next week for a short term contract.
preferably on-street free down a side road somewhere as near to east
putney as possible but I don't mind walking some way. Otherwise where
can I park for 8 hours the cheapest??

any ideas gratefully received
stu

Old June 11th 04, 04:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , stuvee02
writes

does anyone know where I can park in putney - I'm starting work there
next week for a short term contract.
preferably on-street free down a side road somewhere as near to east
putney as possible but I don't mind walking some way.

You would certainly need to walk quite a way, as most of Putney is
divided into Controlled Parking Zones:

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/NR/Wand...yCPZ_large.gif

(10-hour visitor parking in shown by a "10" on this map).
--
Paul Terry
Old June 11th 04, 07:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

stuvee02 wrote:
does anyone know where I can park in putney - I'm starting work there
next week for a short term contract.
preferably on-street free down a side road somewhere as near to east
putney as possible but I don't mind walking some way. Otherwise where
can I park for 8 hours the cheapest??

any ideas gratefully received
stu

East Putney has it's very own Underground station where a fully qualified
driver will look after boring things like parking.

Old June 12th 04, 10:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , stuvee02
writes
does anyone know where I can park in putney - I'm starting work there
next week for a short term contract.
preferably on-street free down a side road somewhere as near to east
putney as possible but I don't mind walking some way. Otherwise where
can I park for 8 hours the cheapest??

any ideas gratefully received

For free [parking you'd probably have to park somewhere between
Southfields & East Putney. There's a free zone along Sutherland Grove
(just off West Hill) but as it's right outside a residential college,
most of the spaces are taken - although, that said, University end of
term is about now, so you might be OK parking there until autumn.
East Putney is about 10 minutes walk away.

--
Martin @ Strawberry Hill
Old June 14th 04, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

"Usenet" wrote in message
In message , stuvee02
writes
does anyone know where I can park in putney - I'm starting work there
next week for a short term contract.
preferably on-street free down a side road somewhere as near to east
putney as possible but I don't mind walking some way. Otherwise where
can I park for 8 hours the cheapest??

any ideas gratefully received

For free [parking you'd probably have to park somewhere between
Southfields & East Putney. There's a free zone along Sutherland Grove
(just off West Hill) but as it's right outside a residential college,
most of the spaces are taken - although, that said, University end of
term is about now, so you might be OK parking there until autumn.
East Putney is about 10 minutes walk away.

When I used to work in Putney - 25 years ago, even then we had
to park at the top of the hill, in the lay-by thingy by the Heath.

It can't have got any better.

tim

Old June 16th 04, 06:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

thanks guys

"tim" wrote in message

"Usenet" wrote in message
In message , stuvee02
writes
[...]

Putney-Vauxhall via Kingston Chris! London Transport 12 May 11th 05 05:19 PM
Putney-Vauxhall via Kingston Neillw001 London Transport 0 May 10th 05 11:27 AM
Putney Brimstone London Transport 4 May 7th 05 05:57 AM
South West Trains over District Line south of East Putney Martin J London Transport 2 February 17th 04 06:40 AM
Enfield to Putney - which route? AstraVanMan London Transport 28 September 16th 03 01:03 AM