Old June 21st 04, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster and oneday Travelcards -- when?

Other issues to be borne in mind include how capping works with rail
replacement services, when gates are in evacuation mode, when tube
passengers are transferred to local bus services and when a station
close to or at a zone boundary is closed and people have to travel
beyond their zone to exit.

Along similar lines, I haven't found out what is supposed to happen when a
bus or tram is taken out of service and you have to board another one to
complete your journey. On the trams if you touch in at the tramstop again
you will be charged but if you don't then your journey history might seem to
be inappropriate if the ticket is inspected. What about on the buses? Do
you have to get the driver to set the validator to check you had indeed just
been on the previous bus?

I submitted a query about this on the Oystercard site but unfortunately the
Oystercard website is unable to send e-mail to the oystercard.com domain,
which makes it pretty pointless their having an enquiry form.

Old June 22nd 04, 03:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 09:30:04 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

Other issues to be borne in mind include how capping works with rail
replacement services, when gates are in evacuation mode,

Surely this also affect normal pre-pay? How does it work in this
case?

Old June 24th 04, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2004-06-15 18:59:34 +0100, Ian Tindale said:

Paul Corfield wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:38:10 +0100, Ian Tindale wrote:

Typical of a money-grabbing transport system with an
unrealistically overpriced fat-cat fare structure. This is why there's no
industry or jobs in London any more - every time one goes out of the house
it costs a flaming fortune.

So I assume the transport system is shutting up shop tomorrow as there
is no industry in London and no jobs? What a stupid thing to say. You
might not like Oyster - that's fine but don't make stupid comments to
over inflate your position.

I presume you have now purchased a mega cheap car, insured it, filled it
full of nice cheap petrol and have set money aside for the maintenance
and repair costs? Happy travels.

Of course not. I am not a murderer. I don't have anything to do with cars,
and I don't like to be accused of killing people slowly and sometimes
quickly as do all other arrogant selfish moronic car drivers. I hate cars
and car drivers. All of those items would cost far more than can be
afforded anyway. The current cost of a travelcard usually entails borrowing
enough to cover it as it is, but from time to time this is achievable.
Where on earth do you think the money that covers the cost of driving
lessons, numerous tests after tests until somehow a pass is obtained, the
capital cost of a car, the poisonous fuel, the other complicated costs that
go with it is suddenly going to appear from? There is none.

meanwhile, back on the planet Earth...

Old June 24th 04, 11:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I have always presumed that the £3 deposit is charged to cover the potential
cost of somebody making a multi-zone journey when there isn't enough credit

I thought it was something to do with not wanting daytrippers getting
a card for one day only and walking off with it.

Isn't the point of oyster so that regular travellers (commuters) don't
need to get a new paper ticket each month / every time they sit on it?
If someone is only every going to buy a one day travelcard there is
no point issuing them with an expensive plastic card.