London Banter

-   -   Best way on tube from Liverpool Street to Hatton Cross (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1880-best-way-tube-liverpool-street.html)

Mark June 24th 04 06:30 PM

Best way on tube from Liverpool Street to Hatton Cross

What's the best/quickest/safest route to get from Liverpool Street to Hatton
Cross on the tube on a Sunday morning about at 11.

Mark

Piccadilly Pilot June 24th 04 07:44 PM

Mark wrote:
What's the best/quickest/safest route to get from Liverpool Street to
Hatton Cross on the tube on a Sunday morning about at 11.

Mark

If carrying luggage etc, Circle Line to any District Line station on the
south side of the Circle, e.g. Embankment, St James's Park or Sloane Square.
Stay on the same platform and wait for a District Line train to Baron's
Court or Hammersmith, (showing either Richmond or Ealing Broadway as the
train's destination) then a cross platform interchange directly onto a
Piccadilly. No stairs or escalators, except at Liverpool St and Heathrow.

You can go on the Central Line to Holborn and change onto the Picc there,
but it is a long walk between the two with an escalator to descend if carry
luggage.

Mark Brader June 24th 04 08:40 PM

Best way on tube from Liverpool Street to Hatton Cross

What's the best/quickest/safest route to get from Liverpool Street to
Hatton Cross on the tube on a Sunday morning about at 11.

If carrying luggage etc, Circle Line to any District Line station on the
south side of the Circle, e.g. Embankment, St James's Park or Sloane Square.
Stay on the same platform ...

Specifically -- for obvious reasons -- Circle Line *eastbound* from
Liverpool Street to reach the south side of the Circle.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible"

Dave Arquati June 25th 04 12:44 PM

Piccadilly Pilot wrote:
Mark wrote:

What's the best/quickest/safest route to get from Liverpool Street to
Hatton Cross on the tube on a Sunday morning about at 11.

Mark

If carrying luggage etc, Circle Line to any District Line station on the
south side of the Circle, e.g. Embankment, St James's Park or Sloane Square.

(except Gloucester Road where westbound Circle is on a different
platform to westbound District)

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Mark June 25th 04 01:29 PM

Best way on tube from Liverpool Street to Hatton Cross

Sorry forgot to say but I'll not be carrying any luggage just a small bag
and I will be on my own. I've got no issues with any stairs etc.

Mark

Piccadilly Pilot June 25th 04 05:58 PM

Mark wrote:
Sorry forgot to say but I'll not be carrying any luggage just a small
bag and I will be on my own. I've got no issues with any stairs etc.

In which case ... ermmm situation(?) the choice is yours.

James July 6th 04 04:16 PM

Best way on tube from Liverpool Street to Hatton Cross

Sorry forgot to say but I'll not be carrying any luggage just a small bag
and I will be on my own. I've got no issues with any stairs etc.

Circle/H&C to Pad, then HEx.

Paul Weaver July 8th 04 06:39 PM

(James) wrote in message . com...
Sorry forgot to say but I'll not be carrying any luggage just a small bag
and I will be on my own. I've got no issues with any stairs etc.

Circle/H&C to Pad, then HEx.

Yes, because aside from costing an extra £15, you'll have to get the
tube from heathrow to hatton cross.
If it's the rush hour, take the circle past to south kensington and
change there, you should get a seat at liverpool street, and you
should get a seat on the district as most people will get off at
victoria. Change at Barons court, it's nicer then Hammersmith and less
crowded, more likely to get a seat on the picadilly.