Old July 13th 04, 12:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 137 goes OPO; will the 159?

I see that the 137 bus route has now gone one-person; last week they
were using front-entry buses, but with crew operation, and now they have
very smart-looking new buses which, I assume, are OPO.

We are now left with only route 159 using Routemasters in our area; I'm
wondering whether anybody knows if or when it will transfer to OPO
buses?
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004

Old July 13th 04, 06:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:04:15 +0100, Annabel Smyth
wrote:

I see that the 137 bus route has now gone one-person; last week they
were using front-entry buses, but with crew operation, and now they have
very smart-looking new buses which, I assume, are OPO.

Yes the 137 is now OPO but all the trips in theory run Streatham Hill to
Oxford Circus - no short trips to/from Clapham Common.

We are now left with only route 159 using Routemasters in our area; I'm
wondering whether anybody knows if or when it will transfer to OPO
buses?

No date has been announced for the 159 but the deadline for the removal
of all Routemasters is some time in 2005. Only the 9, 12, 73 and 390
have reasonably firm dates later this year and these are linked to
contract renewal dates. There are no dates announced for the 13, 14, 19,
22, 36, 38 and 159.

Just looking at a list it would seem that the 19,22 and 36 will change
at their tender renewal dates in 2005. The other routes all have renewal
dates in 2006 and 2007 so they could be changed whenever TfL decide to
vary the contracts and the new buses can be supplied.
--
Paul C

Old July 14th 04, 01:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I see that the 137 bus route has now gone one-person; last week they
were using front-entry buses, but with crew operation, and now they have
very smart-looking new buses which, I assume, are OPO.

Yes the 137 is now OPO but all the trips in theory run Streatham Hill to
Oxford Circus - no short trips to/from Clapham Common.

Oh *good* - it is such a nuisance when they stop there, as although I
can easily walk home from there, if I'm tired I'd rather get a bus two
more stops!

We are now left with only route 159 using Routemasters in our area; I'm
wondering whether anybody knows if or when it will transfer to OPO
buses?

No date has been announced for the 159 but the deadline for the removal
of all Routemasters is some time in 2005. Only the 9, 12, 73 and 390
have reasonably firm dates later this year and these are linked to
contract renewal dates. There are no dates announced for the 13, 14, 19,
22, 36, 38 and 159.

Just looking at a list it would seem that the 19,22 and 36 will change
at their tender renewal dates in 2005. The other routes all have renewal
dates in 2006 and 2007 so they could be changed whenever TfL decide to
vary the contracts and the new buses can be supplied.

Thanks.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004