Old July 17th 04, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Famous people on UK railway stations

"Keith Marshall" wrote in message
k...

Once (many years ago) I travelled on the plane from Heathrow to Brussels
with Barbara Castle and then shared baggage (sic) reclaim with her and
Village People. :-(

Blimey! I spent a few weeks shepherding Village People around Europe, so I
may have been on that plane too - was it in the early 1980s?

Ian

Old July 17th 04, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:53:22 +0100, "Jack Taylor" Jack @Carney.co.uk
wrote:

"Alistair McIndoe" wrote in message
"Jack Taylor" Jack @Carney.co.uk wrote in message

"Oleg Kirov" wrote in message
om...

Today I saw the actor Richard Dixon on Waterloo concourse at about
16.15 hrs.

Who?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0228960/

Do you think that I care enough to look?

Why ****ing bother asking, then?!
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk
Old July 17th 04, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Blimey! I spent a few weeks shepherding Village People around Europe,
so I may have been on that plane too - was it in the early 1980s?

Yes, this was somewhere between mid-81 (I think) and mid-83. I think VP
had flown in from the US (possibly elsewhere in Europe) -- not on plane
I was on from Heathrow to Brussels.

*Keith*
Old July 17th 04, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Keith Marshall" wrote in message
k...

Yes, this was somewhere between mid-81 (I think) and mid-83. I think VP
had flown in from the US (possibly elsewhere in Europe) -- not on plane
I was on from Heathrow to Brussels.

I was probably there collecting my baggage too! Er...nice to see you again,
Keith! ;-)

Ian

Old July 17th 04, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

Oleg Kirov wrote:
Just wondering how many famous people we see on our trains and
stations...

Ive seen Kilroy on the Circle/District Platform and Edith Bowman at the
St. Pancras Interim Station.
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see
Old July 17th 04, 04:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Joe wrote:
Oleg Kirov wrote:
Just wondering how many famous people we see on our trains and
stations...

Ive seen Kilroy on the Circle/District Platform and Edith Bowman at the
St. Pancras Interim Station.

I trust that, in the former case, you immediately sprayed the text
'Kilroy was here' on a nearby wall? :-)

Niklas
--
"I find that having a pint or two is a good problem-solving technique.
Especially if it's vodka rather than beer."
Old July 17th 04, 07:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I was probably there collecting my baggage too! Er...nice to see you
again

Thank you! Sorry I didn't hang around but one of the VP crew got upset
at Belgian Customes asking for some of their trunks to be opened and
flung a couple of armfulls of mics etc. around the baggage hall. I
beetled PDQ -- didn't like to lokk of the Belgian gendarmes with hands
on their revolvers. :-(

*Keith*
Old July 17th 04, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Keith Marshall" wrote in message
k...

Thank you! Sorry I didn't hang around but one of the VP crew got upset
at Belgian Customes asking for some of their trunks to be opened and
flung a couple of armfulls of mics etc. around the baggage hall.

That would have been Richard Wiener, their roadie - camp as a row of tents
and a helluva temper on him! :-)

Ian

Old July 18th 04, 12:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Oleg Kirov" wrote in message
om...
Just wondering how many famous people we see on our trains and
stations...

At various stations in the South East, I have seen the following
people:
Barry Cryer, Ray Dorset (from Mungo Jerry), Corbin Bernsen, Amanda
Pays, Hugh Dennis, Zoë Wanamaker, Paul Ross, Michael Sheard (Mr
Bronson in Grange Hill), and a few others I can't recall just now.

Today I saw the actor Richard Dixon on Waterloo concourse at about
16.15 hrs.

I imagine we all see a few from time to time. So far, I haven't seen
any on trains.

Alan Wicker, WB Picc. @ Knightsbridge. This was several years ago, when he
was *very* much a celeb, these days, I probably wouldn't recognize him if he
fell on me...
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.