Old August 1st 04, 08:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Train doors opening on tube train between stations - pls stopflaming

Martin Underwood wrote:

"Robin May" wrote in message
.4...
I also agree with your comment about the suspicious baggage ads. They
provided no useful information at all about how to actually report the
baggage. They certainly did not say anything about using the passenger
alarm, and without being given "permission" to use it in this way, I
think most passengers would feel extremely hesitant to do so.

And IIRC the wording near the alarm says something like "normally you should
wait until the train is in a station where help can be given more easily"
(I'm paraphrasing).

I'd certainly be very reluctant to operate the alarm for fear of being
fined - or being lynched by my fellow passengers whose journey has been
interrupted.

All this rather surprises me. I have the definite impression, perhaps
from a previous poster campaign, that pulling the handle in the next
station is the thing to do if you see a suspicious package.

The one time I tried to report something that didn't warrant stopping
the train, the uniformed man I spoke to on the platform turned out to
be a fireman.

Colin McKenzie

[uk.r deleted]
--
The great advantage of not trusting statistics is that
it leaves you free to believe the damned lies instead!