London Banter

-   -   Fast train out of London (north) (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2035-fast-train-out-london-north.html)

Gunnar Thöle August 13th 04 11:11 AM

OT: Koennt ihr mich hoeren (was: Fast train out of London (north))

Richard J. schrieb:

Könnt ihr mich hören? = Can you hear me?
Könnt ihr mich sehen? = Can you see me?
Könnt ihr mich fühlen? = Can you feel me?
Ich versteh euch nicht = I do not understand you

I don't understand him either. What's the point of that sig?

These are vocals from a song by "Rammstein" (a quite strange rock music
group).

Colum Mylod August 13th 04 12:24 PM

Fast train out of London (north)

On 13 Aug 2004 08:11:59 GMT, Adrian
wrote:

Clive ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Konnt ihr mich horen?
Konnt ihr mich sehen?
Konnt ihr mich fuhlen?
Ich versteh euch nicht

Anybody translate for me?

Bablefish comes up with :-

# Konnt their me horen?
# Konnt their me see?
# Konnt their me fuhlen?
# I do not understand you

Anybody translate for me?

"Can you hear/see/feel me? "

"You" being 2nd personal plural informal.
--
New anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com

Greg Hennessy August 13th 04 12:34 PM

OT: Koennt ihr mich hoeren (was: Fast train out of London (north))

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:11:21 +0200, Gunnar Thöle
wrote:

I don't understand him either. What's the point of that sig?

These are vocals from a song by "Rammstein" (a quite strange rock music
group).

And the winner of todays prize is Gunnar. :-)

greg

--
Es ist mein Teil - nein
Mein Teil - nein

Clive August 13th 04 02:55 PM

Fast train out of London (north)

In message , Adrian
writes
Clive ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

They were saying, is me. Not two or three or any other number you
imagine.
--
Clive

John Rowland August 13th 04 09:45 PM

Fast train out of London (north)

"Dave Hillam" ] wrote in message
Richard J. wrote in uk.transport.london on Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:21:53
GMT :

Könnt ihr mich hören? = Can you hear me?
Könnt ihr mich sehen? = Can you see me?
Könnt ihr mich fühlen? = Can you feel me?
Ich versteh euch nicht = I do not understand you

I don't understand him either. What's the point of that sig?

I'd assumed it was a poor translation of "Tommy", tbh.

It's the lyrics from "Jerry".

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Steve Dulieu August 13th 04 11:11 PM

"John Rowland" wrote in message
"Dave Hillam" ] wrote in message
Richard J. wrote in uk.transport.london on Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:21:53
GMT :

Könnt ihr mich hören? = Can you hear me?
Könnt ihr mich sehen? = Can you see me?
Könnt ihr mich fühlen? = Can you feel me?
Ich versteh euch nicht = I do not understand you

I don't understand him either. What's the point of that sig?

I'd assumed it was a poor translation of "Tommy", tbh.

It's the lyrics from "Jerry".

Errrr nope, it's the lyrics from "Ich Will" from the CD "Mutter" by
Rammstein, as I understand it a popular German beat combo...
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.