Old August 9th 04, 06:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fast train out of London (north)

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Greg Hennessy wrote:

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 20:29:24 +0100, "Malcolm Knight"
wrote:

Chicken. When I worked at London Bridge in 1966 one of my colleagues came in
from Weston-super-mare every day.

When I worked in West London, one of the managers used to drive from
somewhere between Telford and Stafford to Hounslow East daily.

I think that beats the worst i knew - when i worked in Cambridge, there
was a guy in the office who commuted from Ruislip.

tom

--
Science of a sufficiently advanced form is indistinguishable from magic

Old August 10th 04, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

When I worked in West London, one of the managers used to drive from
somewhere between Telford and Stafford to Hounslow East daily.

I think that beats the worst i knew - when i worked in Cambridge,
there was a guy in the office who commuted from Ruislip.

I did nine months of commuting to Hook daily from one of the villages half-
way between Luton and Hitchin. Fun. Not.
Old August 10th 04, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10 Aug 2004 08:43:05 GMT, Adrian
wrote:

I think that beats the worst i knew - when i worked in Cambridge,
there was a guy in the office who commuted from Ruislip.

I did nine months of commuting to Hook daily from one of the villages half-
way between Luton and Hitchin. Fun. Not.

Jesus H Christ, that is a commute and a half.

greg
--
Konnt ihr mich horen?
Konnt ihr mich sehen?
Old August 10th 04, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I did nine months of commuting to Hook daily from one of the villages half-
way between Luton and Hitchin. Fun. Not.

Jesus H Christ, that is a commute and a half.

My former manager (now moved on to other work in the same office)
commutes from Andover to our office just south of Heathrow.

Niklas
--
"When I see a handgun, I mentally file it under computer repair tools."
-- david parsons
Old August 10th 04, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10 Aug 2004 12:17:10 GMT, Niklas Karlsson wrote:

Jesus H Christ, that is a commute and a half.

My former manager (now moved on to other work in the same office)
commutes from Andover to our office just south of Heathrow.

I couldnt handle that on daily basis.

greg

--
Konnt ihr mich horen?
Konnt ihr mich sehen?

Old August 12th 04, 11:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Greg Hennessy
Konnt ihr mich horen?
Konnt ihr mich sehen?
Konnt ihr mich fuhlen?
Ich versteh euch nicht

Anybody translate for me?
--
Clive
Old August 13th 04, 08:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Konnt ihr mich horen?
Konnt ihr mich sehen?
Konnt ihr mich fuhlen?
Ich versteh euch nicht

Anybody translate for me?

Bablefish comes up with :-

# Konnt their me horen?
# Konnt their me see?
# Konnt their me fuhlen?
# I do not understand you

Anybody translate for me?
Old August 13th 04, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote:
Clive ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Konnt ihr mich horen?
Konnt ihr mich sehen?
Konnt ihr mich fuhlen?
Ich versteh euch nicht

Anybody translate for me?

Bablefish comes up with :-

# Konnt their me horen?
# Konnt their me see?
# Konnt their me fuhlen?
# I do not understand you

Anybody translate for me?

Babelfish has problems at the best of times, but has been totally
defeated by the omision of 5 umlauts. My German grammar is a bit rusty
now, but AFAIK "ihr" and "euch" are the plural familiar forms of "sie"
(you).

Könnt ihr mich hören? = Can you hear me?
Könnt ihr mich sehen? = Can you see me?
Könnt ihr mich fühlen? = Can you feel me?
Ich versteh euch nicht = I do not understand you

I don't understand him either. What's the point of that sig?
--
Richard J.

Old August 13th 04, 09:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote in uk.transport.london on Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:21:53
GMT :

Könnt ihr mich hören? = Can you hear me?
Könnt ihr mich sehen? = Can you see me?
Könnt ihr mich fühlen? = Can you feel me?
Ich versteh euch nicht = I do not understand you

I don't understand him either. What's the point of that sig?

I'd assumed it was a poor translation of "Tommy", tbh.

Dave

--
If the Internet is a Marx Brothers movie, and
Web, e-mail, and IRC are Groucho, Chico, and Harpo,
Old August 13th 04, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 at 00:19:39, Clive
wrote:

In message , Greg Hennessy
Konnt ihr mich horen?
Konnt ihr mich sehen?
Konnt ihr mich fuhlen?
Ich versteh euch nicht

Anybody translate for me?

"Can you hear me?
Can you see me?
Can you feel me?
I don't understand you"
--
Annabel - "Mrs Redboots"
(trying out a new .sig to reflect the personality I use in online forums)