Old August 19th 04, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default I've Been a Tourist In London!

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:42:19 +0100, Thomas Covenant
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 19:44:37 +0100, Annabel Smyth
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 18 Aug 2004:

And it has happened AGAIN with another Arriva bus on a different route
and the driver thought it would be a breeze to hold me hostage on his
bus and not stop to let me off until two stops after the one I
requested. I have complained again but now the next stop is an E Mail to
Peter Hendy.

What is it with Arriva buses - sometimes you would reckon they think
they exist to travel from point to point without bothering about their
customers!

I don't really wish to talk about Arriva buses at present.

This problem appears to affect "all flavours" of Arriva. Paul's had
problems with Arriva London North (correct me if I'm wrong),

you are correct.

your
problems were with Arriva London South, my problems are with Arriva
East Herts and Essex, where some drivers think it's great fun to miss
out a stop at 11 p.m. on a 20 minute headway. (six weeks and still no
sensible answer from Arriva, only that the bus doesn't serve the road
I was waiting in, even though I've managed to board a bus there on a
regular basis for almost 15 years)!

If their response is unsatisfactory this is going to be escalated until
I get a reply I am happy with.
--
Paul C

Old August 21st 04, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ian F." wrote the following in:

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

Ahem, "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"! (No escaping transport, is
there?!)

Did you have to pay the congestion charge? ;-)

Aren't flying cars are exempt?

--
message by the incredible Robin May.
"The British don't like successful people" - said by British failures

There are some people who are capable of saying something you agree
with in such a way that it makes you want to disagree with them.
Old August 21st 04, 10:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote:
"Ian F." wrote the following in:

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

Ahem, "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"! (No escaping transport, is
there?!)

Did you have to pay the congestion charge? ;-)

Aren't flying cars are exempt?

In which case the CAA may wish to know.