Old August 20th 04, 08:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Public Transport in Warsaw

Annabel Smyth wrote in message ...

The metro, with only 2/3 of the first line in operation, was easy to
use, and quick and clean. Trains are about the size of our D-stock

Heres a good page about it.

http://www.urbanrail.net/eu/war/warszawa.htm

B2003

Old August 20th 04, 04:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 20 Aug 2004:

Annabel Smyth wrote in message

The metro, with only 2/3 of the first line in operation, was easy to
use, and quick and clean. Trains are about the size of our D-stock

Heres a good page about it.

http://www.urbanrail.net/eu/war/warszawa.htm

Fascinating. Thank you.
--
Annabel - "Mrs Redboots"
(trying out a new .sig to reflect the personality I use in online forums)

Old August 21st 04, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
dan dan is offline

One important thing to note if travelling in Warsaw: If you have large
luggage you need to buy an extra ticket for it (a la Easy bus)!!!

I saw some poor Ozzy backpackers being caught by this while I was
there, and the ticket inspectors showed no mercy. They were led off
the tram to fines and god knows what!

Seeing as they don't advertise this rule in English (I only knew about
it from my guidebook) this seems like a pretty mean money-making scam
at the expense of the tourists.

dan