Old August 29th 04, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default UB8 to CR9

(James) wrote in message . com...
2. Picc to South Ken, District to Vic, Train to East Croydon

Baron's Court or Hammersmith are FAR easier interchanges than South Ken.

But you get far more trains
ie circle line

HTH Phil

Old August 29th 04, 09:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:21:33 +0100,
John Ray
wrote in :

"CR9" isn't a physical location - it's the postcode for businesses in
Croydon with large volumes of mail. Many of them are within walking
distance of East Croydon station so, if your destination is in that
area, I would go Uxbridge (Metropolitan) to Baker Street, then Jubilee
to London Bridge, then South Central or Thameslink to East Croydon.
About 90 mins.

Thanks for the info. It's Lunar House I need to visit.

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Old August 29th 04, 11:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dr Ivan D. Reid" typed

Thanks for the info. It's Lunar House I need to visit.

I never gooved you were a furriner...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old August 30th 04, 07:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Richard J.
writes

However, on the District I've quite often overtaken a stationary
Piccadilly e/b train at Barons Court. Is that a timing/regulation
point in addition to Hyde Park Corner? (Cue Steve!)

And right on cue... ;-)

No it's not, although the 25 mph limit into the 'pipe' towards Earls
Court can cause things to be a bit slow sometimes.

I've been very rarely there more than a minute unless something is
seriously going wrong.
Old August 30th 04, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dr Ivan D. Reid wrote:

Thanks for the info. It's Lunar House I need to visit.

Exit East Croydon Station, turn right, proceed along George Street to
Wellesley Road (second turning on the right). Lunar House is about 300
yards along, on the right-hand side. The walk should take 5-6 minutes.

--
John Ray, London UK.
Old August 30th 04, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 00:15:42 +0100,
Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote in :
"Dr Ivan D. Reid" typed

Thanks for the info. It's Lunar House I need to visit.

I never gooved you were a furriner...

Australian born, Australian bred.
Short in the legs and thick in the ... tummy.

http://www.brunel.ac.uk/~eesridr/ -- must remember to change to the new
Brunel logo tomorrow!

Old August 31st 04, 08:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dr Ivan D. Reid wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 27 Aug 2004:

I have to travel to Croydon next week. tfl's Journey Planner's
best suggestion has me bussing to Uxbridge, Tube to Hillingdon, then
some mysterious express bus to Victoria, thence rail to East Croydon.
A bit over two hours.

Poking around various maps I wondered about Piccadilly from Ux to
Earl's Court, District to Wimbledon, and Tram to Croydon. No idea yet how
long that would take.

Anyone (Paul?) have a better idea?

Tube to Victoria, then train?
--
Annabel - "Mrs Redboots"
(trying out a new .sig to reflect the personality I use in online forums)