Old September 3rd 04, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default email riddle

I've received two emails from Paul.Riddler
(Paul.Riddler/AT/tube.tfl.gov.uk)

Both were CC'd to Phil Backhouse (Phil.Backhouse/AT/tube.tfl.gov.uk)

One was sent on August 25th, the other today (September 3rd).

Now the strange bit - neither email had any message, although both had
the standard LUL multi-line disclaimer at the bottom.

Does anybody know if these people exist, or is somebody just rattling my
cage?

If anybody has received a genuine email from LUL recently and can do a
comparison, the second email's headers are thus:

From: Riddler Paul Paul.Riddler/AT/tube.tfl.gov.uk
To: '"
Cc: Backhouse Phil Phil.Backhouse/AT/tube.tfl.gov.uk
Subject: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:27:29 +0100

I have obscured my address with
and other addresses
with '/AT/' to prevent harvesting.

From: Riddler Paul Paul.Riddler/AT/tube.tfl.gov.uk
To: '"
Cc: Backhouse Phil Phil.Backhouse/AT/tube.tfl.gov.uk
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:27:29 +0100

Old September 9th 04, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The "from" format looks exactly the same as when I sent e-mails to my
home address from work. I haven't checked the rest out in detail. I've
copied your post to my work e-mail and when I next go in I'll check the LU
address book for those two names to confirm if they exist.

It may have been a hiccup in the system - they're currently changing
everyone over to XP at the moment.

Roger

In article ,
Overground (Peter Wright) wrote:

I've received two emails from Paul.Riddler
(Paul.Riddler/AT/tube.tfl.gov.uk)

Both were CC'd to Phil Backhouse (Phil.Backhouse/AT/tube.tfl.gov.uk)

One was sent on August 25th, the other today (September 3rd).

Now the strange bit - neither email had any message, although both had
the standard LUL multi-line disclaimer at the bottom.

Does anybody know if these people exist, or is somebody just rattling
my cage?

If anybody has received a genuine email from LUL recently and can do a
comparison, the second email's headers are thus:

(Content Technologies SMTPRS 4.2.10) with ESMTP id
for
;

Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:26:07 +0100
From: Riddler Paul Paul.Riddler/AT/tube.tfl.gov.uk
To: '"
Cc: Backhouse Phil Phil.Backhouse/AT/tube.tfl.gov.uk
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:27:29 +0100

Old September 13th 04, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Overground (Peter Wright) wrote:

I've received two emails from Paul.Riddler
(Paul.Riddler/AT/tube.tfl.gov.uk)

Both were CC'd to Phil Backhouse (Phil.Backhouse/AT/tube.tfl.gov.uk)

One was sent on August 25th, the other today (September 3rd).

Now the strange bit - neither email had any message, although both had
the standard LUL multi-line disclaimer at the bottom.

Does anybody know if these people exist, or is somebody just rattling
my cage?

If anybody has received a genuine email from LUL recently and can do a
comparison, the second email's headers are thus:

I checked the internal address book yesterday and both people exist with
the address shown.

Roger
Old September 21st 04, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in :

I checked the internal address book yesterday and both people exist with
the address shown.

Roger

Many thanks for making the effort.