Old May 23rd 04, 04:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ruislip Riddle

Passing through Ruislip the other day I noticed a guy sitting in a ticket
collectors' booth on the opposite platform from the station exit. I've seen
someone manning it twice now, and thought it odd because there is no exit on
that side of the station, you have to cross the footbridge. I looked at the
booth this morning, and it has signs on top saying "Assistance" and "Way Out"
but there is no way out, I checked. Nor is it a place like Rayners Lane where
people change trains, so I would not have thought there was any special need
for an assistance point. Could be the guy is doing a sort of sentry duty
occasionally to keep an eye on schoolkids etc, but I wouldn't have expected the
ticket booth to have been put there just for that . . . Next time I see him if
I'm not in a rush I'll ask!

Old May 23rd 04, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Passing through Ruislip the other day I noticed a guy sitting in a ticket
collectors' booth on the opposite platform from the station exit. I've seen
someone manning it twice now, and thought it odd because there is no exit on
that side of the station, you have to cross the footbridge. I looked at the
booth this morning, and it has signs on top saying "Assistance" and "Way Out"
but there is no way out, I checked. Nor is it a place like Rayners Lane where
people change trains, so I would not have thought there was any special need
for an assistance point. Could be the guy is doing a sort of sentry duty
occasionally to keep an eye on schoolkids etc, but I wouldn't have expected
the
ticket booth to have been put there just for that . . . Next time I see him
if
I'm not in a rush I'll ask!

He is probably there to assist in the tipping out of passengers on the
Piccadilly Line trains that reverse at Ruislip sidings.

Burkey
Old May 24th 04, 07:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

JWBA68 wrote:
[...]

There are multiple sidings at Ruislip?

Brad
Old May 24th 04, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

TheOneKEA wrote:

There are multiple sidings at Ruislip?

No, just the one.

Old May 24th 04, 07:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Piccadilly Pilot wrote:
TheOneKEA wrote:

There are multiple sidings at Ruislip?

No, just the one.

That was what I thought - I've ridden past Ruislip siding twice, and
neither time did I see any other sidings.

Brad

Old May 27th 04, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CharlesPottins" wrote in message
[...]

Ive seen staff on hand to assist the driver to get the passengers off of the
trains that terminate at Ruislip. I guess they are there to keep the delay
down, by having the driver walk the whole length of the train twice and help
with passenger enquries.