Old September 5th 04, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Buying a zones 123456ABCD travelcard

Phil Richards wrote:
On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 19:51:05 +0100 Anonymouse
said...

Thanks for the reply. It seems like a stupid situation, particularly as
LT agents don't seem to be able to sell the tickets either. I think I
feel a complaint to TfL coming on....

It's a bit vague. If you download the file:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/common/downloa...unty-fares.pdf

Then you'll see the note:

"It should be read in conjunction with the 2004 =3FFares and tickets=3F
booklet, which is available at your local Tube station. The booklet
contains information on the full range of tickets available, Pre Pay
charges and gives advice on how to buy your ticket and details the
tickets requiring a photocard. It also includes maps showing
Travelcard/LT Card zones"

So one would assume that the same outlets that sell Zones 1 to 6
Travelcards ought to be able to issue though to Zones A to D as well. So
it seems that TfL has got it's facts wrong.

One would assume that! However, the "Fares and Tickets" guide doesn't
even mention national rail stations in its "Where to buy your ticket"
section, so it is difficult to draw definite conclusions.

Why not buy a Zone 1 to 6 Weekend Travelcard from East Croydon, travel
right through to Amersham then pay the difference of the two prices?

Would that be legal? Especially on the underground, I thought you needed
a correct ticket for your whole journey before you boarded the train.
Perhaps I should have been prepared to argue the toss at Amersham, but
it was a hot day and I wanted a stress-free journey! :-)