Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 5th 04, 11:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Buying a zones 123456ABCD travelcard

Marc Brett wrote:

I tried to do something similar at Richmond. Ticketman said I needed to go to a
London Underground station to do the deed. WTF? Isn't Richmond a London
Underground station, or am I missing something really obvious?

An opposite example - when the Evening Standard free rail ticket
promotion was running last month I tried to have a voucher validated at
West Ham, and was told to go to Barking or Upminster. Apparently, the
ticket office at West Ham is run by LT, even though it is also a C2C
station. At Farringdon, a couple of years ago, they were unable to sell
me a ticket to East Croydon, even though Thameslink trains run directly
between both points. Also, I was at Gunnersbury the other day and it
appeared that the ticket office there is operated by LT rather than
Silverlink. It seems that for each "shared" station the ticket office
will be operated by either LT or the TOC, but not jointly. Maybe
something for Ken to look at?

--
John Ray, London UK.