Old September 29th 04, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Default Cul-de-sacking

James wrote:
Has my idea about leaving through routes but making them zigzaggy
been performed anywhere?

Yes. Clarendon Park, Leicester (which is supposedly a "fashionable"
area). It's practically impossible to drive through between the major
roads on any particular residential street, as they're virtually all
either blocked off or one way at some point, but you can still get
cars into and out of the neighbourhood. The problem comes with trying
to get someone to deliver you anything (especially furniture) as the
lines of cars parked on both sides makes it virtually impossible for
large vans to get onto the streets.

Some years ago I was living in a narrow cul-de-sac in Reading - cars parked
along both sides making the actual useable street very narrow indeed. One
day there was a big fire near the closed end of the street; people trapped
in the burning building etc. It was most entertaining to see the ladder
appliance nerfing parked cars out of the way on it's way up the street!

Old September 30th 04, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

"Stimpy" wrote in message ...
James wrote:
[...]

Excellent! I dearly wish I had beeen there to see it.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
Old September 30th 04, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

In message , Doug
writes
"Stimpy" wrote in message
James wrote:
[...]

Wouldn't that be frivolous transport ?

Or would you use your leather shoes mr vegan ?

Old October 1st 04, 04:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

-=^OmeN^=- wrote in message ...
In message , Doug
writes
"Stimpy" wrote in message
James wrote:
[...]

A Fire engine?

Or would you use your leather shoes mr vegan ?

Don't wear leather at all. I suppose you exploit animals for frivolous
reasons, like vanity.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
Old October 2nd 04, 08:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

In message , Doug
writes
Some years ago I was living in a narrow cul-de-sac in Reading -
cars parked
along both sides making the actual useable street very narrow indeed. One
day there was a big fire near the closed end of the street; people trapped
in the burning building etc. It was most entertaining to see the ladder
appliance nerfing parked cars out of the way on it's way up the street!

Excellent! I dearly wish I had beeen there to see it.

Wouldn't that be frivolous transport ?

A Fire engine?

No you wished you'd been there, to get there would require transport,
and as it isn't essential that you were there it'd be frivolous.

Or would you use your leather shoes mr vegan ?

Don't wear leather at all. I suppose you exploit animals for frivolous
reasons, like vanity.

Glad to see you've finally admitted that leather shoes aren't compatible
with your vegan ideals, and all those months you spent protesting that
they were.

PS Nice to have you back Duhg I actually missed you in some sort of
masochistic way )

Old October 3rd 04, 05:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

-=^OmeN^=- wrote in message ...
In message , Doug
writes
Some years ago I was living in a narrow cul-de-sac in Reading -
cars parked
along both sides making the actual useable street very narrow indeed. One
day there was a big fire near the closed end of the street; people trapped
in the burning building etc. It was most entertaining to see the ladder
appliance nerfing parked cars out of the way on it's way up the street!

Excellent! I dearly wish I had beeen there to see it.

Wouldn't that be frivolous transport ?

A Fire engine?

No you wished you'd been there, to get there would require transport,
and as it isn't essential that you were there it'd be frivolous.

If I had been there it would be more than likely that I would be on a
bicycle which, because it doesn't pollute and congest but does promote
healthy exercise, is not frivolous.

Or would you use your leather shoes mr vegan ?

Don't wear leather at all. I suppose you exploit animals for frivolous
reasons, like vanity.

Glad to see you've finally admitted that leather shoes aren't compatible
with your vegan ideals, and all those months you spent protesting that
they were.

There are, still, varying degrees of Veganism. The fact that I am more
'pure' than I used to be, and even more radical now, is pleasing to
me.

PS Nice to have you back Duhg I actually missed you in some sort of
masochistic way )

Surprisingly, that is the most pleasant thing anyone has said about me
on this newsgroup for as long as I can remember. Could it be that I am
actually experiencing a degree of tolerance from car users and animal
exploiters here? No, surely not!

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
Old October 3rd 04, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

In article , Doug
says...

If I had been there it would be more than likely that I would be on a
bicycle which, because it doesn't pollute and congest but does promote
healthy exercise, is not frivolous.

Bicycles pollute. The manufacturing process causes pollution.

Surprisingly, that is the most pleasant thing anyone has said about me
on this newsgroup for as long as I can remember. Could it be that I am
actually experiencing a degree of tolerance from car users and animal
exploiters here? No, surely not!

We did miss you Duhg. There's something about your incessant ranting
thats comforting.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.
Old October 3rd 04, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

In message , Doug
writes
-=^OmeN^=- wrote in message
In message , Doug
writes
[...]

You'd cycle from catford to reading ?

Or would you use your leather shoes mr vegan ?

Don't wear leather at all. I suppose you exploit animals for frivolous
reasons, like vanity.

Glad to see you've finally admitted that leather shoes aren't compatible
with your vegan ideals, and all those months you spent protesting that
they were.

There are, still, varying degrees of Veganism. The fact that I am more
'pure' than I used to be, and even more radical now, is pleasing to
me.

Varying degrees of veganism teehee

PS Nice to have you back Duhg I actually missed you in some sort of
masochistic way )

Surprisingly, that is the most pleasant thing anyone has said about me
on this newsgroup for as long as I can remember. Could it be that I am
actually experiencing a degree of tolerance from car users and animal
exploiters here? No, surely not!

Alas no, but you do brighten up the newsgroup, you also have the side
effect of bringing out the best in the other posters which usually ends
up with me grinning.

Old October 3rd 04, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

"Pete Smith" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

We did miss you Duhg. There's something about
your incessant ranting thats comforting.

Sort of like Helsinki Syndrome, where captives
being to miss the electro- genital clamps,
when they're not administered.

Stockholm Syndrome.

For myself, I don't mind Duhg because his messages are so devoid of
intelligence and surprise that you can easily killfile him and know you are
missing nothing. But I really wish everyone else wouldn't argue with the
f****r, especially in a thread I started.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped