Old October 1st 04, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default GOBLIN connections was Stansted to Barking

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Annabel Smyth wrote:

Iain wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 30 Sep 2004:

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in
:

Apart from that, my memory is that the Victoria is always east of the
Piccadilly north of Finsbury Park. However, I'm not 100% sure and
will have to do some digging.

Surely that's rather an extreme method of finding out! :-)

ROTFL! Excellent!!!

It is! I've long wondered how Clive knows so much about the tube; it makes
perfect sense that's it's first-hand knowledge. I have visions of him
running around London in the dead of night with a spade, a Quail map and a
mad gleam in his eye ...

tom

--
3364147 Complete space vehicles (excluding propulsion systems)

Old October 1st 04, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message ...
In article , Tom
Anderson writes
If memory serves, don't the Piccadilly and Victoria Lines cross
somewhere in the vicinity of Harringay Green Lanes Station?

According to Simon Clarke's geographical tube map, those lines don't cross
anywhere north of King's Cross. He might be wrong, though.

The northbound Victoria and southbound Piccadilly cross south of
Finsbury Park, for a start.

Apart from that, my memory is that the Victoria is always east of the
Piccadilly north of Finsbury Park. However, I'm not 100% sure and will
have to do some digging.

My memory, from a copy of Quail that isn't next to me, is that the Vic
stays WEST of the Picc north of Fin Park, and crosses somewhere very
close to the platforms at Manor House.
Old October 26th 04, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The North London Line is a disgrace - another reason is all the cruddy
stations.
I thought the Highbury + Islington gothic masterpiece station was
destroyed in the war, but thumbing through a book today I found
pictures of it post '45 albeit damaged. It turns out it was buldozed
in 1967. Likewise, Canonbury Station was bulldozed in 1969 to make way
for the Concrete portacabin style stations that replaced them. This
must have been to pave the way for the infamous GLC nonsense the
Northway urban motorway that was to go over the NLL. No room for
crenelated towers in the face of 6 lanes of flyover.

Dave Arquati wrote in message ...
Colin McKenzie wrote:
Phil Richards wrote:

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:02:16 +0100 Tom Anderson

ObUTL: Looking again at this map: the GOBLin has really poor
connections doesn't it!

It's got a lot of 'near misses', though:
Upper Holloway - Archway

Crouch Hill - Finsbury Park

Harringay Green Lanes - Harringay

Also Manor House

South Tottenham - Seven Sisters

It's a disgrace that both the Goblin and the North London have so many
non-interchanges after 50 years of nationalised railways. There's not
much sign of Ken improving things either.

Of course, if they had usable interchanges, they'd need frequent and
longer trains to carry the passengers they'd divert from overloaded tube
trains.

Colin McKenzie

The problem with this is that the Goblin is earmarked as a freight route
rather than a passenger one, and in order to increase passenger service
frequency on the North London Line, the Goblin will have to take more
freight - condemning it to an ever-poor passenger service.