London Banter

-   -   Crystal Palace solution (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2240-crystal-palace-solution.html)

John Rowland October 4th 04 04:32 PM

Crystal Palace solution

Hi all,

Anyone wondering how Tramlink will bridge the vertical gap between Crystal
Palace station and Crystal Palace Parade, might be interested in the German
solution... I think TfL should suggest this to the safety bods just to get
their reaction !

http://home.arcor.de/guenter.kretzsc...ack_carr_.html

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Solar Penguin October 4th 04 06:09 PM

Crystal Palace solution

--- "John Rowland" wrote:

Anyone wondering how Tramlink will bridge the vertical gap between
Crystal Palace station and Crystal Palace Parade, might be interested
in the German solution... I think TfL should suggest this to the safety
bods just to get their reaction !

http://home.arcor.de/guenter.kretzsc...ack_carr_.html

LOL!!! I can just imagine one of those causing traffic jams up Anerley
Hill!
The local NIMBYs will have field day!

Richard J. October 4th 04 08:53 PM

Crystal Palace solution

DAVID HYDE-HARRISON wrote:
have a look at www.func-junc.co.uk. This is the solution to
transport in London

Yes, we know your views. Please stop posting your top-posted adverts.
--
Richard J.

Nick Cooper October 5th 04 06:56 AM

Crystal Palace solution

You should probably worry more about your ****e web-design.....
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk

Solar Penguin October 5th 04 09:06 AM

Crystal Palace solution

--- "DAVID HYDE-HARRISON" wrote:

have a look at www.func-junc.co.uk. This is the solution to transport in
London

Well, I had a look at it, but didn't see anything about the problem of
getting trams up steep hills, which is what this thread was about.

Clive D. W. Feather October 5th 04 11:27 AM

Crystal Palace solution

In article , Nick Cooper
writes
have a look at www.func-junc.co.uk. This is the solution to transport in
London

You should probably worry more about your ****e web-design.....

He should also stop spamming posters to this group.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

Boltar October 5th 04 03:19 PM

Crystal Palace solution

"Solar Penguin" wrote in message ...
--- "DAVID HYDE-HARRISON" wrote:

have a look at www.func-junc.co.uk. This is the solution to transport in
London

Well, I had a look at it, but didn't see anything about the problem of
getting trams up steep hills, which is what this thread was about.

Looks to me just like a load of standard issue pro car, anti railblurb
with a side serving of some cobblers called "roadionics" which is either
some sort of new gear for roadies or something to automatically guide
vehicles. No doubt the author thinks he's right on the cutting edge of
transport policy as opposed to actually being about 30 years behind the times.
Seems to me the only point at which the pro car lobby (and I speak as a car
owner myself) will ever admit that more and more roads and cars might not
be quite such a great idea is when we reach total gridlock. And even then
I'm not sure...

B2003

Tom Anderson October 5th 04 04:31 PM

Crystal Palace solution

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, John Rowland wrote:

Anyone wondering how Tramlink will bridge the vertical gap between
Crystal Palace station and Crystal Palace Parade, might be interested in
the German solution... I think TfL should suggest this to the safety
bods just to get their reaction !

http://home.arcor.de/guenter.kretzsc...ack_carr_.html

That's genius.

Gets me thinking about other ways you could move trams, though. Could you
fit one on a (specially-built) flatbed in a tube tunnel? How about a
subsurface tunnel?

tom

--
The literature is filled with bizarre occurrances for which we have no explanation

Nathan Whitington October 5th 04 06:03 PM

Crystal Palace solution

wrote:

have a look at
www.func-junc.co.uk. This is the solution to transport in
London

You should probably worry more about your ****e web-design.....
--
Nick Cooper

I think his web design is nice and simple