Old October 5th 04, 04:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Half-Life Tube map

This may not interest anyone here at all, but I thought I may as well
share this with the group as it's vaguely on topic.

I am currently developing a map for the game "Half-Life" which has been
out for many years now yet still remains a favourite. The planned end
result is a mini Tube network complete with stations and automated
trains. This is going to be a right PITA to do, but perfectly possible.

I have managed to construct the start of a train which is BASED on the
refurbished 1973 stock and have posted some pictures to my gallery at
http://m33p.be/gallery/hltube. I have only constructed the basic shell,
a lot needs to be done such as texturing[1] and adding finer detail. I
can't go too detailed with it as due to the limitations of the Half-Life
game engine, moving "func_tracktrain" with lots of detail will lag the
game like anything.

I suspect there probably won't be anyone here who will be interested in
this but I thought I'd share it seeing as it's based on a London
transport system!

[1] I am considering the possibility of creating textures from
photographs but I have a feeling I won't go that far.

http://m33p.be/gallery/hltube

--
Robert Gordon
http://m33p.be

Old October 5th 04, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Robert Gordon wrote:

This may not interest anyone here at all, but I thought I may as well
share this with the group as it's vaguely on topic.

I am currently developing a map for the game "Half-Life" which has been
out for many years now yet still remains a favourite. The planned end
result is a mini Tube network complete with stations and automated
trains. This is going to be a right PITA to do, but perfectly possible.

You are a hero.

I've long thought many tube stations would make good levels for an FPS -
Counterstrike especially, since you could have some vaguely realistic
scenarios. Maybe with Aldwych or such as a secret bonus level ...

tom

--
The literature is filled with bizarre occurrances for which we have no explanation

Old October 5th 04, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robert Gordon" wrote in message
[...]

Brilliant! I once tried a similar thing for Unreal Tournament, but a hard
drive failure put an end to that project. Best of luck... I can't wait to
see the results.

Old October 6th 04, 12:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:

I've long thought many tube stations would make good levels for an FPS -
Counterstrike especially, since you could have some vaguely realistic
scenarios. Maybe with Aldwych or such as a secret bonus level ...

The Jubilee Line surely must be the first choice... with the new stations!
Old October 8th 04, 08:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dan Gravell" wrote in message
Tom Anderson wrote:

I've long thought many tube stations would make good levels for an FPS -
Counterstrike especially, since you could have some vaguely realistic
scenarios. Maybe with Aldwych or such as a secret bonus level ...

The Jubilee Line surely must be the first choice... with the new stations!

Mornington Crescent !!