Old October 17th 04, 07:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Default Institutionalised law-breaking using bikes - anarchy is nearat hand

Alan Braggins wrote:
In article , Ningi wrote:

Well, my experience of cycling from Waterloo to Bank several times a
week is that at least 75% of cyclists go straight through red lights.
If the same numbers applied to cars, then 75% of the time, a car
arriving at a red light should jump it. This isn't even remotely the
case.

It's about 50% here in Cambridge I estimate. And a bit less for cyclists.

My estimate would be 2-3 cars cross on the red before one stops making
it 50-75% of cars. I would say for the first car to arrive at a red its
virtually 100% on a busy road.

Tony