London Banter

-   -   The History Of The London Underground VCD.mpg (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2297-history-london-underground-vcd-mpg.html)

devnull October 19th 04 04:25 PM

The History Of The London Underground VCD.mpg

Just watched a very intresting documentry that I 'aquired' from
http://www.uknova.com

http://www.uknova.com/download.php/2...CD.mpg.torrent

Documentary on the engineering, architecture and design
of the London Underground, from its beginnings in the
nineteenth century to the recent extension of the
Jubilee Line.

Robert Gordon October 20th 04 06:18 AM

The History Of The London Underground VCD.mpg

Marratxi wrote:
Bargepole alert !!!
Baz

"devnull" wrote in message
om...

Just watched a very intresting documentry that I 'aquired' from
http://www.uknova.com

http://www.uknova.com/download.php/2...CD.mpg.torrent

Documentary on the engineering, architecture and design
of the London Underground, from its beginnings in the
nineteenth century to the recent extension of the
Jubilee Line.

I just watched it myself, it's recorded off the History Channel and
while just being a general history it's quite well presented. I
personally wouldn't make a fuss about downloading that sort of thing as
it's no more "bad" than setting your own VCR to record it. I'm not going
to start an argument about that though, so if one does start, I shall
not be participating ;-).

--
Robert Gordon
http://m33p.be

Kapitan Klink October 21st 04 07:09 PM

The History Of The London Underground VCD.mpg

"Marratxi" wrote in message ...
Bargepole alert !!!
Baz

What are you on about, "Baz"?

Marratxi October 21st 04 09:51 PM

The History Of The London Underground VCD.mpg

"Kapitan Klink" wrote in message
om...
"Marratxi" wrote in message

Bargepole alert !!!
Baz

What are you on about, "Baz"?

I took one look at the front page of that website and decided I wouldn't
touch it with a bargepole !! That looked like the kind of site from which I
caught virii in my more adventurous days .
Cheerz,
Baz

Kapitan Klink October 22nd 04 02:59 PM

"Marratxi" wrote in message

Bargepole alert !!!
Baz

What are you on about, "Baz"?

I took one look at the front page of that website and decided I wouldn't
touch it with a bargepole !! That looked like the kind of site from which I
caught virii in my more adventurous days .
Cheerz,
Baz

I know what you mean!! Don't you mean 'viruses'? (Yeah, yeah, i
know...). I have a fairly effective anti-virus system. It's called
SuSE Linux 9.0.

Dave Arquati October 22nd 04 09:15 PM

Kapitan Klink wrote:
"Marratxi" wrote in message ...

"Kapitan Klink" wrote in message
.com...

"Marratxi" wrote in message

Bargepole alert !!!
Baz

What are you on about, "Baz"?

I took one look at the front page of that website and decided I wouldn't
touch it with a bargepole !! That looked like the kind of site from which I
caught virii in my more adventurous days .
Cheerz,
Baz

I know what you mean!! Don't you mean 'viruses'? (Yeah, yeah, i
know...). I have a fairly effective anti-virus system. It's called
SuSE Linux 9.0.

Ah... the time-tested "protection through obscurity" ;-)

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Kapitan Klink October 23rd 04 07:52 AM

Dave Arquati wrote in message ...
Kapitan Klink wrote:

I have a fairly effective anti-virus system. It's called
SuSE Linux 9.0.

Ah... the time-tested "protection through obscurity" ;-)

Don't knock it, it works! Anyway, real men use the Bash prompt.