London Banter

-   -   What is the oldest object or construction in the world... (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2351-what-oldest-object-construction-world.html)

Mark Annand November 11th 04 11:38 PM

What is the oldest object or construction in the world...

PRAR wrote:

The park is called Betts Park.

Here's a web site with a blow by blow account of the route of the canal
at the present day.

http://www.canalsguide.co.uk/croydon/bhd-spbr.html

Troy Steadman November 12th 04 07:05 AM

What is the oldest object or construction in the world...

"Mark Annand" wrote in message
et

PRAR wrote:

The park is called Betts Park.

Here's a web site with a blow by blow account of the route of the canal
at the present day.

http://www.canalsguide.co.uk/croydon/bhd-spbr.html

Fantastic website, thanks for the link, I wonder if there's one
somewhere for the Surrey Iron Railway.

Tim November 12th 04 11:02 AM

What is the oldest object or construction in the world...

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 20:54:39 +0000, Dave Newt wrote:

Matthew Church wrote:

...built for a public railway which is still in-situ and still
performing the service for which it was built?

Clue: it lies within the M25.

The old guy at South Kensington who always goes a bit Norman Collier
when he tries to use the tannoy?

Heh - I know who you mean :-)

Timbo

Dave Newt November 13th 04 01:30 AM

Matthew Church wrote:

...built for a public railway which is still in-situ and still
performing the service for which it was built?

Clue: it lies within the M25.

The old guy at South Kensington who always goes a bit Norman Collier
when he tries to use the tannoy?

Heh - I know who you mean :-)

I'm glad someone does - I'd given up on a reply to that post!