Old November 14th 04, 08:24 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default disused esclators at LU Charing Cross

On 2004-11-13 21:56:51 +0000, "James Salisbury"
said:

I was at LU Charring Cross today, I noticed a set of unused esclators
at the bottom of the main set of esclators, where do they go etc?

I am guessing here, but probably down
to the now disused Jubilee Line platforms.

Yes, but I believe those disused escalators are now behind a wall so cannot
be "noticed"...

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old November 14th 04, 02:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2004-11-13 21:56:51 +0000, "James Salisbury"
said:

I was at LU Charring Cross today, I noticed a set of unused esclators
at the bottom of the main set of esclators, where do they go etc?

I am guessing here, but probably down
to the now disused Jubilee Line platforms.

Yes, but I believe those disused escalators are now behind a wall so
cannot
be "noticed"...

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

I have been there at least once and seen the doors in the 'wall' open so you
could see the escalators behind.
I guess staff still go down there sometimes if there are equipment rooms
that need to be accessed, or if there is filming on the platforms etc.

Old November 14th 04, 02:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 2004-11-13 21:56:51 +0000, "James Salisbury"
said:

I was at LU Charring Cross today, I noticed a set of unused esclators
at the bottom of the main set of esclators, where do they go etc?

I am guessing here, but probably down
to the now disused Jubilee Line platforms.

Yes, but I believe those disused escalators are now behind a wall so cannot
be "noticed"...

I think it's more a partition than a wall, so maybe it was open. I
think the platforms been used for pop videos, TV programmes and things
(I think I heard that here).
Old November 14th 04, 04:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2004-11-13 21:56:51 +0000, "James Salisbury"
said:

I was at LU Charring Cross today, I noticed a set of unused esclators
at the bottom of the main set of esclators, where do they go etc?

I am guessing here, but probably down
to the now disused Jubilee Line platforms.

Yes, but I believe those disused escalators are now behind a wall so cannot
be "noticed"...

According to Hywel Williams, the wall is referred to as the Wall of
Charing Cross.

There is a similar wall, albeit without windows, at the end of the
tunnel from the main Bakerloo escalator flight; the tunnel behind the
wall used to lead to the pair of escalators that descended to the
other side of the Jubilee platforms.