Old November 25th 04, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster card as an off-peak travelcard?

if I use my pre-pay Oyster card for a number of tube trips in one day
- will it only charge me as if I have an zones 1-6 travel card (£5-40)
or will it charge for each single trip?

Old November 25th 04, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Frank Weaver wrote:
if I use my pre-pay Oyster card for a number of tube trips in one day
- will it only charge me as if I have an zones 1-6 travel card (£5-40)
or will it charge for each single trip?

Will charge for each single trip at the moment; the former is known as
fare capping, and will not come into action until next year.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old November 25th 04, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

(Frank Weaver) wrote in message . com...
if I use my pre-pay Oyster card for a number of tube trips in one day
- will it only charge me as if I have an zones 1-6 travel card (£5-40)
or will it charge for each single trip?

They were going to start 'capping' in March/April 2004 but now have no
fixed starting date.

Go to
http://groups.google.co.uk and have a look through the archives
of this group as the question has been answered many times over the
past months.

Also check out http://tube-tfl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...a=&p_faqid=333