Old December 1st 04, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Access to this Newsgroup

If I pop into an Internet Cafe and wish to send and receive messages
to this news group, what would be my options, if any?

David Bradley

Old December 1st 04, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

David Bradley wrote:
If I pop into an Internet Cafe and wish to send and receive messages
to this news group, what would be my options, if any?

David Bradley

Google Groups? (http://www.google.co.uk/grphp)

The new Beta version (http://groups-beta.google.com/) displays messages
almost instantly unlike the old version which has something of a 9 hour
delay

--
Darren

http://photos.darrenjohnson.co.uk/
http://www.darrenjohnson.co.uk/
Old December 1st 04, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David Bradley wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 1 Dec 2004:

If I pop into an Internet Cafe and wish to send and receive messages
to this news group, what would be my options, if any?

David Bradley

Google. Specifically, Google Groups.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old December 2nd 04, 08:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

David Bradley wrote:

If I pop into an Internet Cafe and wish to send and receive messages
to this news group, what would be my options, if any?

As others have pointed out, Google is the easiest option. However, it's not
your only option. Here is another:

Go to http://www.individual.net and get yourself an ID. Note that you'll
need a fixed (not yahoo or hotmail) real email address to do so - they'll
post your ID to the address that will be displayed in the From field of
everything you post through them.

Find a Usenet application that can store its settings anywhere you want (as
opposed to one that can only store them with all your other settings
files). Put your application and settings files on a USB memory stick. Be
sure to include your server settings as well as your newsgroup settings.

Find a compatible cybercaf (some use Macs, some use PCs, not all have USB).

Good luck!
Old December 2nd 04, 11:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Aidan Stanger" wrote in message
David Bradley wrote:

If I pop into an Internet Cafe and wish to send and receive messages
to this news group, what would be my options, if any?

As others have pointed out, Google is the easiest option. However, it's

not
your only option. Here is another:

Go to http://www.individual.net and get yourself an ID. Note that you'll
need a fixed (not yahoo or hotmail) real email address to do so - they'll
post your ID to the address that will be displayed in the From field of
everything you post through them.

In fact you can set up an individual.net account with a hotmail account,
I've done it! It does, however have to be a valid account...
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

Old December 2nd 04, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 21:09:13, M Patrick wrote:

"Darren" ] wrote in message
David Bradley wrote:
If I pop into an Internet Cafe and wish to send and receive messages
to this news group, what would be my options, if any?

Google Groups? (http://www.google.co.uk/grphp)

The new Beta version (http://groups-beta.google.com/) displays messages
almost instantly unlike the old version which has something of a 9 hour

At last!

Thanks for the pointer from me as well. Shame they show the time as
PST.

--
Jim Crowther "It's MY computer" (tm SMG)

Always learning.