Old December 7th 04, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default mingle with cyclists

You're hereby invited to a new(ish) cycling forum:
http://www.freewheelingforum.com/index.php

Noncyclists are welcome - we've created a board where everyone can
safely mingle.

Old December 7th 04, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 7 Dec 2004:

You're hereby invited to a new(ish) cycling forum:
http://www.freewheelingforum.com/index.php

Noncyclists are welcome - we've created a board where everyone can
safely mingle.

You mean, without being nearly run over by someone who doesn't realise
that traffic lights apply to cyclists, too?
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old December 7th 04, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mrs Redboots wrote the following in:

wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 7 Dec 2004:

You're hereby invited to a new(ish) cycling forum:
http://www.freewheelingforum.com/index.php

Noncyclists are welcome - we've created a board where everyone can
safely mingle.

You mean, without being nearly run over by someone who doesn't
realise that traffic lights apply to cyclists, too?

When you encounter drivers do you accuse them all of driving
recklessly?

--
message by Robin May. That egotism was getting old.

Americans who voted for Bush: you ****ed up.

http://robinmay.fotopic.net
Old December 7th 04, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 7 Dec 2004:

Mrs Redboots wrote the following in:

wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 7 Dec 2004:

You're hereby invited to a new(ish) cycling forum:
http://www.freewheelingforum.com/index.php

Noncyclists are welcome - we've created a board where everyone can
safely mingle.

You mean, without being nearly run over by someone who doesn't
realise that traffic lights apply to cyclists, too?

When you encounter drivers do you accuse them all of driving
recklessly?

If they run through red traffic lights and pass within inches of
pedestrians whose turn it is to cross, then yes!

Old December 7th 04, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mrs Redboots typed

If they run through red traffic lights and pass within inches of
pedestrians whose turn it is to cross, then yes!

I have reported a 114 bus for doing just that!

It's NOT just cyclists. It's wrong whoever does it. Cyclists seldom kill
though.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old December 7th 04, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mrs Redboots wrote the following in:

If they run through red traffic lights and pass within inches of
pedestrians whose turn it is to cross, then yes!

Congratulations on totally missing the point.

Old December 7th 04, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 7 Dec 2004:

Mrs Redboots wrote the following in:

If they run through red traffic lights and pass within inches of
pedestrians whose turn it is to cross, then yes!

Congratulations on totally missing the point.

No, it's you who missed the point - do feel free to point out where I
accused all cyclists of poor Highway code observance? What I actually
said, if you remember, was:

"You mean, without being nearly run over by someone who doesn't realise
that traffic lights apply to cyclists, too?"

Now, how you can read into this that I think *all* cyclists don't
realise this is quite beyond me.

Old December 8th 04, 03:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Huge wrote:
Helen Deborah Vecht writes:
Mrs Redboots typed

If they run through red traffic lights and pass within inches of
pedestrians whose turn it is to cross, then yes!

I have reported a 114 bus for doing just that!

It's NOT just cyclists. It's wrong whoever does it. Cyclists seldom

kill
though.

Yeah, only 2 or 3 a year. And they don't matter, they're only

pedestrians,
after all.

Indeed. When we get on our bikes we are the Grim Reaper's minions. Just
last week I dispatched a family of six on their way to the Raphael
exhibit at the National Gallery. I had to reverse to finish off a few
of them. The event is oversubscribed anyway.

Old December 9th 04, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mrs Redboots wrote:

mingle.") "You mean, without being nearly run over by someone who
doesn't realise that traffic lights apply to cyclists, too?"

Now, how you can read into this that I think *all* cyclists don't
realise this is quite beyond me.

It doesn't necessarily imply that you think ANY cyclists don't realise
this... It just suggests that *some* people don't realise that traffic
lights apply to cyclists - those people may not be cyclists themselves ;-)

Old December 9th 04, 09:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
Now, how you can read into this that I think *all* cyclists
don't realise this is quite beyond me.

Point missed or otherwise, one gets the impression that your judgement might
be being clouded by an anti-cycling bias. I hope this is not the case.

Should cyclists be kissing the ass of drivers for using their roads? Clive London Transport 4 August 25th 10 09:08 PM
Cyclists allowed to run red lights? Graculus London Transport 298 April 21st 09 03:13 PM
CYCLISTS THREE TIMES MORE LIKELY TO GET INJURED ON BENDY BUS ROUTE- POPE Colin Rosenstiel London Transport 50 June 18th 07 11:16 PM
Fascist cyclists d London Transport 90 February 6th 06 07:02 AM
Crash Suit for Cyclists puppyluv2 London Transport 0 December 19th 05 09:01 AM