Old December 10th 04, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure

When does the last trains to Heathrow run? I have to fly out from terminal 1
on Friday 14th Jan, how will I get there now??

Old December 10th 04, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Bored Of The Rings" wrote in message

When does the last trains to Heathrow run? I have to fly out from
terminal 1 on Friday 14th Jan, how will I get there now??

By Tube if you want. You'll just get to Terminal 1 a few minutes
earlier than usual, with the T4 loop being out of use.

Old December 10th 04, 05:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bored Of The Rings wrote:
When does the last trains to Heathrow run? I have to fly out from
terminal 1 on Friday 14th Jan, how will I get there now??

IIRC there is a replacement bus service from Hatton Cross. The nice people
at 020 7222 1234 will be able to tell you for certain.

Old December 10th 04, 05:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Bored Of The
Rings writes
When does the last trains to Heathrow run? I have to fly out from terminal 1
on Friday 14th Jan, how will I get there now??

Terminal 4 station closes from Friday 7 January, although some trains
will run non stop via the loop for turning purposes on that day as
required.

All trains will terminate at Hatton Cross Saturday 8 and Sunday 9
January. (Just how long does it take to scotch and clip a set of
points?) for enabling works for the closure.

From Monday 10 January a new timetable (TT40) will be in place for 20
months which means all trains will run direct to Heathrow 123
Old December 10th 04, 06:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Brimstone wrote:
Bored Of The Rings wrote:
When does the last trains to Heathrow run? I have to fly out from
terminal 1 on Friday 14th Jan, how will I get there now??

IIRC there is a replacement bus service from Hatton Cross. The nice
people at 020 7222 1234 will be able to tell you for certain.

Sorry misread, saw it as needing to get to T4.

Still, the number is good for travel info.

Old December 10th 04, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:04:14 -0000, "Bored Of The Rings"
wrote:

When does the last trains to Heathrow run? I have to fly out from terminal 1
on Friday 14th Jan, how will I get there now??

You will still be able to get to Heathrow T123 station by Tube at all
normal times when the loop is closed. For terminal 4 there will be a
shuttle bus from Hatton Cross station.

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/first...piccadilly.pdf
gives the current first and last train times for Heathrow. For January I
would expect the times to be very similar for T123 station.

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/pdf/Heathrow-T4-%20leaflet.pdf is the leaflet
explaining the arrangements. All the info is on the Tube website.

--
Paul C

Old December 10th 04, 11:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

All trains will terminate at Hatton Cross Saturday 8 and Sunday 9
January. (Just how long does it take to scotch and clip a set of
points?) for enabling works for the closure.

Dangit. Won't be here to bash those crossovers.

From Monday 10 January a new timetable (TT40) will be in place
for 20 months which means all trains will run direct to Heathrow
123

I wonder if TT40 bears any resemblance to the pre-1986 timetable,
before the Heathrow loop even existed.

Old December 11th 04, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

TheOneKEA wrote:
Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

From Monday 10 January a new timetable (TT40) will be in place
for 20 months which means all trains will run direct to Heathrow
123

I wonder if TT40 bears any resemblance to the pre-1986 timetable,
before the Heathrow loop even existed.

Ask nicely and I might be able to help. ;-)

Old December 11th 04, 04:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message
TheOneKEA wrote:

I wonder if TT40 bears any resemblance to the
pre-1986 timetable, before the Heathrow loop even existed.

Ask nicely and I might be able to help. ;-)

It seems unlikely. For a start, I think the Turnham Green service hours are
different now.

Are they running a special timetable prior to the closure in order to get
all the trains the same way around during the closure, or is there no such
thing as a 1973 stock being "the wrong way around"?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old December 11th 04, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Are they running a special timetable prior to the
closure in order to get all the trains the same way
around during the closure, or is there no such
thing as a 1973 stock being "the wrong way around"?

Furthermore, will the in-car line maps that show T4 closed be produced in
two versions for the two sides of the train?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped