Old December 12th 04, 01:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cirque and Sushi

Hi Chaps!
Off to the Albert Hall in the new year (15th Jan) from
Folkestone in Kent. We want to use trains and tube... any tips? Looks like
Waterloo east is the handiest overground station for us to arrive at. Do we
just head underground and navigate as best we can to the Albert Hall?
Knightsbridge tube at a guess...

Where's the best Sushi too?

Are we missing something?

Les and Claire )

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to Reply

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

"Why of course the people don't want war. But after all, it is the
leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a
simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or
a fascist dictatorship, Voice or no voice, the people can always be
brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to
do is to tell them that they are being attacked, and denounce the
pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."

-Herman Goering,
Hitler's designated successor

http://www.stuffmongers.com/

Old December 12th 04, 04:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Les and Claire wrote:

Hi Chaps!
Off to the Albert Hall in the new year (15th Jan) from
Folkestone in Kent. We want to use trains and tube... any tips? Looks like
Waterloo east is the handiest overground station for us to arrive at. Do we
just head underground and navigate as best we can to the Albert Hall?
Knightsbridge tube at a guess...

Where's the best Sushi too?

Are we missing something?

Yes. All trains to Waterloo East go to Charing Cross. You can get a
(frequent) 9 bus from there to the Albert Hall (which is quite a long
walk from any tube station).

If you insist on going by Tube then:
If the weather's good, stay on the train to Charing Cross then walk down
the hill to Embankment...
If the weather's bad, get off at London Bridge or Waterloo East and take
a Jubilee train to Westminster...
....and catch a District/Circle line train to South Kensington.
Old December 12th 04, 05:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Aidan Stanger" wrote in message

Yes. All trains to Waterloo East go to Charing Cross. You can get a
(frequent) 9 bus from there to the Albert Hall (which is quite a long
walk from any tube station).

If you insist on going by Tube then:
If the weather's good, stay on the train to Charing Cross then walk down
the hill to Embankment...
If the weather's bad, get off at London Bridge or Waterloo East and take
a Jubilee train to Westminster...
...and catch a District/Circle line train to South Kensington.

Cheers Aiden! Just the job.... you just made our day out a whole lot
easier. I drive nearly daily around the centre of London but never use
public transport ( white van man ) so your info helps a lot.

)
Les

Old December 12th 04, 10:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Les and Claire wrote:

Where's the best Sushi too?

Ahhhhhm if you knew sushi like I knew sushi.....

Old December 12th 04, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Huge" wrote in message
"Les and Claire" writes:

Tsk.

I'll match your Tsk and raise by a Tut!

Old December 12th 04, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Les and Claire wrote:

If you insist on going by Tube then:
If the weather's good, stay on the train to Charing Cross then walk down
the hill to Embankment...
If the weather's bad, get off at London Bridge or Waterloo East and take
a Jubilee train to Westminster...
...and catch a District/Circle line train to South Kensington.

Would High Street Ken. not be better? That's only a 10 min walk from the
RAH.

--
Regards

RayB
Remove the safetycatch to reply

Old December 12th 04, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Les and Claire wrote:

Where's the best Sushi too?

Hey, is anyone going to answer this bit?

tom

--
Well we know where we're going, but we don't know where we've been

Old December 12th 04, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Les and Claire wrote:

If you insist on going by Tube then:
If the weather's good, stay on the train to Charing Cross then walk down
the hill to Embankment...
If the weather's bad, get off at London Bridge or Waterloo East and take
a Jubilee train to Westminster...
...and catch a District/Circle line train to South Kensington.

Would High Street Ken. not be better? That's only a 10 min walk from the
RAH.

Nah, South Ken is just as close and has the subway to get you halfway
there in the dry if it's raining. However, I'd definitely agree with
Aidan on the number 9 bus from right outside Charing Cross station to
right outside the RAH. It'll be as quick (if not quicker) than Tube+walk.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old December 13th 04, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 12 Dec 2004:

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Les and Claire wrote:

Where's the best Sushi too?

Hey, is anyone going to answer this bit?

I've never had it in a restaurant, only in a box from the supermarket!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old December 13th 04, 06:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mrs Redboots wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 12 Dec 2004:

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Les and Claire wrote:

Where's the best Sushi too?

Hey, is anyone going to answer this bit?

I've never had it in a restaurant, only in a box from the supermarket!

Go, with plenty of money in your pocket, to any proper Japanese
restaurant. The sort where you have to ask if they have a menu in
English. If you like supermarket sushi you'll love the real thing!

Beware places that are trying to be a novelty to non-Japanese customers.

--
Nick H (UK)